Oppo 95, 203, 205, Panasonic DMP-BDT110P test results

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by Badnews, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Badnews

Badnews Well-Known Member

001.JPG I recently purchased a like new Oppo 95 Region free in the box from Hawaii. Which is about 5000 miles or 8046km away from me. I did at one time own a 93 but sold it. Reason i purchased it Cinavia free. It plays beautiful but for 400USD i could not pass it up with 2nd day air shipping and not a mark on it. To change bluray regions is different then my 203 and 205. The 95 you just hit the blue button and number 1,2,3 to set ABC and turn on the 95. But.......

If you own a 203 or 205 Oppo and you have a 4K TV the answer is YES the upscaling blows the 95's picture away. So it's safe to say it will smoke the 93 also as the 95 is a over glorified 93. The 203 and 205's remote also runs the 95 but the buttons are in a different place that's it.

Off subject at the same time i found a new in box Panasonic DMP-BDT110P, I purchased it for same reasons. But i also got a good laugh. It works great, Build quality well very thin, Weighs about 3 LBS or 1.4kg and does the job well. But it isn't Oppo quality. For 70USD i can't complain.

To some the cons on the Panasonic are is the Europe version is better, Remote commands i read can do region changes. However with the Panasonic if you don't have a Multi system TV NTSC/PAL it does not have a built in converter. The USA version or Europe you can purchase region free firmware but at 30 Euros not worth it. I only understand English anyway.

So....I looked around and found this and it worked on a USA model.

Method 1 -

- Insert a disc and wait for the "Wrong Region" screen to appear
    - Press the "Pop-Up Menu" button
    - Disc should boot to the discs main menu or start playing the movie

Method 2 -

- Press Stop
    - Press the "Pop-Up Menu" button

Method 3 -

- Press Stop
    - Press 1 and the number "1" should start blinking in the upper right corner. Press the "OK"
    button while 1 is blinking. You may have to try this a few times, as it usually doesn't work
    the first time. Try pressing OK on the first or second blink and it should work.

Method 3 worked in my case your outcome may be different.

2. Badnews

I just updated the Panasonic DMP-BDT110P with a CD and burned 1.92 firmware on it. For a player that isn't in the class of a Oppo it played anything I fed it Cinavia free and a great picture. I gave it the BD-RE DL clone of JW2 no problem. Even loads faster then a Oppo 95.

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Told ya it would be cinavia free :) Doesn't have the hardware on board to detect it ;)

4. Badnews

It sure don't...Picture very good also...Why a guy would have one unused in a box from June 2011 I have no clue. The 6 year old Panasonic batteries that came in the box for the remote still worked and didn't leak.