• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Oppo 103D won't accept MKV Passthrough

Jeff53404

I have an Oppo 103D and when I use MKV passthrough (no transcoding - lossless video/audio), my Oppo displays a message that the video format is not supported. Audio plays well but I do not get a picture. The file plays fine on my computer but not the Oppo.

I believe that if I select h 264 output, I would get video but that process takes approximately 30 minutes while passthrough takes 3+ minutes. This has been an on-going problem. I also note that I've tried two other programs and they both produce a BR quality video.

Log file was sent to Elby.

Attachments

• Truth Log File.zip
    365.3 KB · Views: 1
Your finding may be related to the problem, which I posted a few days ago.
Does PowerDVD also show a black screen when playling lossless mkv files made by CloneBD provided that no filters except those from Microsoft are installed on your system?

Sorry, I don't use PowerDVD and I am simply playing the file directly through the USB port via flash drive.

I tired the newest version (1.0.7.6) and the results were the same ("video format is not supported").

Log file sent to Elby.

Edit: I am using the latest official firmware (BDP10X-80-1031)

Attachments

• Truth Log File 1076.zip
    365.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I believe that if I select h 264 output, I would get video but that process takes approximately 30 minutes while passthrough takes 3+ minutes.

It would be most important to know whether that is the case.
Can you please try that? You don't have to convert the whole video - you can either trim the track or just abort the transcoding at any time, the result will still be a complete and valid MKV file.

Yes, I will do that and post the results with log file.

Yes, I will do that and post the results with log file.

Don't think the log file will do any good - in all cases it simply shows a successful transcode.

Excellent video with H.264 selected and the resulting size slider was set to max. I did not change the subs to DVD style as I thought the Oppo would handle PGS style. I did not have subs. I will try again with H.264 and DVD style subs.

DVD style subs worked and the video was excellent on H.264.

Interestingly, the DVD subs were black on the TV. On my computer, the subs are white (DVD and PGS). Again, the Oppo should play PGS subs and when I access them, the TV display indicates the tracks are there. They just don't appear.

Pete - Do I need to send anything to Elby?

Thanks - Jeff53404

Last edited:
I also have a Oppo 103D (same firmware) and the first time I tried CloneBD lossless setting, I ended up with a MKV file that had tearing/pixelated video that was unwatchable on the 103D. I did this a couple of times and got the same results. Since the H.264 version from that ISO looked good, I gave up Lossless. I was probably using CloneBD 1.0.7.2 at the time.

Because of some comments in another thread, I tried going from ISO to Lossless with the current version of CloneBD (1.0.7.6). This time, the resulting MKV file played with no problems on my 103D. I don't know if the original problem was with the ISO (but the H.264 from that ISO was fine) or perhaps something got "fixed" in CloneDB. I've only done this with one title so far.. I'll try some additional titles with Lossless and see how they play.

Back