Open MKV file?

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Glarioo, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Glarioo

Glarioo Well-Known Member

Just purchased CloneBD, so this is all new to me.
    I know that CloneBD can open an BD 2160p (folder) and transcode it to 1080p with "the correct SDR colors". Is it also possible to open an mkv file (2160p & 1080p) with CloneBD? If not, is it planned in the near future?

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

There are some thoughts going in that direction, but no one can say if or when atm.

3. Glarioo

Thank you for your quick response.
    I think that this extra option, for some people, would be very useful.

4. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Oh man, I would LOVE to see MKV source support added. I never thought it'd be considered but that would be fantastic!

whatever_gong82 and Glarioo like this.
  5. BrianG61UK

BrianG61UK Well-Known Member

Me too.
    CloneBD (with an NVIDIA GPU) has by far the fastest video re-encoding of any software I have ever tried and it's a shame it can currently only work from optical disks.

Glarioo likes this.
  6. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

I'm right there with you. I'd LOVE to be able to take some of my MKV TV recordings that I create and use the CloneBD engine to encode them. That would make my life SOOOOO nice.

Glarioo likes this.
  7. Glarioo

I created a Blu-ray folder (BDMV) with tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12 from a .mkv file (2160p). However, I could not open that BDMV folder in CloneBD. I have sent that report to elby.
    Hopefully it will be (soon) possible to open .mkv files with CloneBD ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  8. Glarioo

With a 1080p .mkv file and tsMuxeR it works. Most likely is it an error in tsMuxeR that can not process 2160p properly.

9. Sonnn

Sonnn New Member

Guess we can keep our fingers crossed and hope this gets added to CloneBD :)

10. Glarioo

+1

11. Hellhero

Hellhero Member

Would be Great if this Feature were added

12. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

@Pete, any further thought given to this topic? It would be a very handy feature if it were to be added.

Glarioo likes this.
  13. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Firstly: I'm Redfox, not Elby, it's neither our decision nor in our hands.
    Secondly: I'm sure, if this will ever come, it will take a while, because it means a major, major, major redesign of CloneBD (everything in the UI represents disc structures).

14. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Yes I know you're RedFox....I just figured you had some insight into Elby's thoughts. LOL

That seems like it's not very likely. sigh.