• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Open for Business

That's an issue beyond the control of redfox, but with the card itself. They're not as widely adopted as normal ones.

That's an issue beyond the control of redfox, but with the card itself. They're not as widely adopted as normal ones.
I guess I don't understand all the details under the hood. I had thought Visa was Visa. Are prepaid Mastercards more widely adopted or supported?

If you actually go to the bank to which the Pre paid card is affiliated they will make the transaction for you.

I don't know ocd but you have standard visa, prepaid, vpay.... and that's not counting white, red, gold, platinum... subsections.

I guess I don't understand all the details under the hood. I had thought Visa was Visa. Are prepaid Mastercards more widely adopted or supported?
Every bank individually issues a Visa Card, its like a membership. If the bank handling the transaction was not the bank that sold the card, it costs them money to get the money transferred.

Every bank individually issues a Visa Card, its like a membership. If the bank handling the transaction was not the bank that sold the card, it costs them money to get the money transferred.
I would have thought that cost would be covered by the merchant percentage that they charge you?

Do Mastercard banks do the same thing?

Yup, the brand of card doesn't matter, the type does. That's why some have an actual fee and others monthly. And then there's often currency exchange fees on top of that :)

I would have thought that cost would be covered by the merchant percentage that they charge you?

Do Mastercard banks do the same thing?
No , Mastercard is a Credit card, not a Debit. Or a prepay.

So the issue is with any debit card, whether it's prepaid or not, Visa or Mastercard? (There are debit cards for both.)

Is that something that can eventually be supported, or not?

Some customers have had success with debits. There's just no way to know for sure, the only way to know if it works is to try the card.

So the issue is with any debit card, whether it's prepaid or not, Visa or Mastercard? (There are debit cards for both.)

Is that something that can eventually be supported, or not?
I used a Visa debit card, not prepaid, it was refused. The second time less than 10 minutes later the transaction went through.

Over an hour later I received an automated Visa Fraud Protection call to verify not just the two RedFox transactions were legitimate, but several others.

Others have used a regular CC and been refused.

Its hit and miss. Most are being accepted, in fact all of those who have Visa, if they had an issue all they would have to is contact the bank and tell them to let the transaction through.

Its hit and miss. Most are being accepted, in fact all of those who have Visa, if they had an issue all they would have to is contact the bank and tell them to let the transaction through.
I had a similar problem when I purchased a second SlySoft AnyDVD license back in July 2011 (first late December 2008), different bank. Called them to allow the charge and was told to try the transaction again. Which I had already done while on hold waiting for that "representative that wants to speak with" me.

47 minutes waiting and already did what they suggested before they finally did speak with me. :mad:

Waiting for the word that MasterCard purchases are welcome, card burning hole in my wallet.

The Visa credit card transaction for the USA (and perhaps other countries) processes through China. My transaction triggered a warning call through my card issuer. Debit cards do not work apparently, as my attempts failed. The Visa credit card went through, but also got the "Fraud Prevention" attention from the card issuer's service. If you do get that call, be sure to attend to it, or your card account might be suspended pending further verification/investigation.

Why would a prepaid card cause a problem? Is this a temporary problem or a permanent one?

I have no idea but I can't swipe my card at the gas pump. I must take it inside and tell them it's a debit card that gets handled like a credit card. I've had enough internet businesses refuse it that there must be something in the number or CVC that indicates it is handled differently. On the other hand, I've used it successfully on-line and at many brick and mortar stores so that leaves me confused.

Waiting for the word that MasterCard purchases are welcome, card burning hole in my wallet.
You could get a prepaid Visa debit card and join the overwhelming stampede overloading the RedFox store server. ;)

Here's hoping your MC experience is better than what many Visa card holders experienced today, myself included. I tried to throw them gobs of money and they refused the first time!

NOT that the problems are the fault of RedFox!

Debit cards do not work apparently, as my attempts failed.
Not entirely true. My first attempt with my Visa Check card failed, the second attempt succeeded. Both tries triggered an automated Visa Fraud Protection phone call.

People with regular, non-debit, Visa cards have reported similar failing attempts.

what is an error 66 when you try to purchase a license? I haven't receive a Fraud alert from my credit card even though I have tried several times today. The error is order not processed error 66. Is this a server error, or a rejected card?

Back