• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Only Sony??

Here's my arsenal:

Anydvd 6.1.3.3.
Clondedvd 2.9.0.3.
Nero Recode 2.5.2
Fix VTS
VOB Blanker
Shrink

Here's my preferred method of backing up. This method works with every label except Sony.

With Anydvd running, I like to rip with Clonedvd without transcoding. I always keep all menus and some special features, but I remove everything else. Next, I import the files to Nero Recode to transcode. I like the convenience of Clonedvd and the high(er) quality of Recode's transcoding. This method works with every label except Sony. Can anyone tell me why? Nero Recode will tell me the dvd files are not compressable. When I backed up The Pursuit of Happyness, Saw 3, and Stranger than fiction, I had to clean the files with Fix VTS. Once cleaned, they imported fine in to Recode. The Da Vinci Code however, would not transcode even after being cleaned with Fix vts. I tried transcoding it with DVD Shrink and it worked (after running Fix VTS).

After extensive testing with my originals I found that if I rip and transcode with Clonedvd I have no problems. Some Sony discs will transcode with Nero if I run Fix VTS first, and some will not. Every other label works fine for me, except Sony. Am I doing something wrong? I've also tried ripping with Recode and Anydvd and that too will work with any movie except Sony. I don't understand why I can't transcode these movies after they've already been ripped to my hard drive. I also tried DVD Fab Decrypter only to get the same result: Once I ran Fix VTS, the files will transcode with Shrink but not Recode.

Any info is much appreciated, thank you.

It's Sony. Nothing you can do about that, it's their form of copy protection. Some "Classics" line films are entirely CELL coded and not time coded. They have a some bizarre methods I tell you.

It's Sony.........I haven't found a Sony disc that Fab won't handle.

Back