• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Only ripping commentary of "We Own the Night" Blu-ray

CoolBreeze20

I have the newest version of ANyDVD HD installed. It rips the movie just fine, and the main MY2S file is around 32GB. I dont care anything about converting to another source, as I have 1TB of storage for my ripped Blurays. The only problem is, when ANyDVD rips it, it only copies the version of the movie with the developer commentary. Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting? I searched and could not find an answer. Thank you for any help that is given!!

How are you trying to play the movie? Anydvd doesn't remove any video or audio streams. If you're trying to just play the m2ts file on it's own then that's the problem as whichever software you're trying to use doesn't recognise the HD audio track so just tries to play the first audio track it's able to play. If you rip the whole disc then play it as a full disc in Powerdvd I bet the audio is still there, but just playing it as a file only it won't be seen.

When AnyDVD rips it to the HD, there are numerous M2TS files. I just drag/drop the biggest one (30GB) as I figured it was the main movie, since it was largest. Do I need to drag/drop all the files into PowerDVD to get it to play correctly?

It's probably playing the first audio track, which isn't English.

Use TSRemux on the file to correct the problem.

If you're using 7.3 3319a then you have to use the 'Play from folder' option and play it as a full disc, other wise you need to remux the stream and remove all the other audio streams except the 5.1 audio if you want to play it back as a single file only. Powerdvd won't play back the HD audio track unless it's played as a full disc so it ignores the HD audio and just plays the first standard audio track it finds on the video file

Thanks guys, you have been a HUGE help. Im fairly new at the ripping blurays thing.

I could not get PowerDVD to just "open as file".....it still only played the directors commentary for the sound. What settings should I use in TSRemux? when i open the M2TS file, it lists all the Dolby True HD audio tracks and has one for Dolby digital stream. Should I just check that box?

I could not get PowerDVD to just "open as file".....it still only played the directors commentary for the sound. What settings should I use in TSRemux? when i open the M2TS file, it lists all the Dolby True HD audio tracks and has one for Dolby digital stream. Should I just check that box?
In TSRemux check the first Video stream and the first (English) TrueHD stream and then check the box above to convert TrueHD to AC3 (greyed out until you select a TrueHD stream).

This will downmix the TrueHD to DD 5.1/640kbps in TSRemux. If you choose the BluRay structure option this will give you a "folder" for the movie which you can open in PowerDvd (choose play from folder, point to the folder created by TSRemux).

Back