• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Only 1 Profile, Now Crippled

oldude

As soon as I got the email about GJ being released, I downloaded, and registered it.

After I installed GJ, I created 1 profile sucessfully.

That was it. Now, I am stuck. Well, not quite stuck... the one profile I created works, but I can't create any more.

Whenever I try to create a profile, I get to step 5, insert the game CD into my drive, close it... and I wait. Autoplay never kicks in, and GJ just stays open. When I try to hit back, sometimes I can, sometimes I can't, but I can never Cancel. GJ just stays open, my CD stops spinning, and at that point, the only thing I can do is restart my PC. When I restart, I get the "Windows did not close properly" message.

The game I created successfully was Warcraft III Reign of Chaos. The games that I have tried creating profiles for are: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne, Civilization IV, and Neverwinter Nights 2.

I am running Vista 32, and when coming across this problem, I have disabled my anti virus, and UAC, to no avail.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks!

<bump>

Still having this problem.

I'd really appreciate some help here!

Thanks.

Are you running anydvd,clonecd if you are disable them! This may sound strange but I had some issues to, double check your "profile key" not the activation key. in case youve tryed a reinstall!:confused: ;)

1 profile

Have you updated to the latest version?

Have you done all windows updates?

Have you stopped the services of your antivirus
Click Start Orb , in search bar type services.msc and scroll through to find your anti virus, right click on it and say stop.

I use f-secure and have previously used sophos where closing the exe didnt stop it working and i have made a batch file that closes all of them.

Might be worth un installing Game Jacal and then running ccleaner and then re installing it, as you said its only 1 profile that you got so its not exactly if you have lost loads of them.

:D

EDIT:
I just googled "turn on autoplay vista" and found this 3rd one down

---------------

Entering "autoplay" into the CP search returns 3 entries:

* Start or stop using AutoPlay for all media and devices
* Change default settings for media or devices
* Play CDs or other media automatically

All three options, of course, lead to the same "Choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device" dialogue.

---------------

this might be worth trying just to make sure it hasnt been turned off, i have vista ultimate but cant find the laptop at the mo but i will have a check later to see if there is anything on there that might help.

MaD

Last edited:
Can you please do the following.
When GJ does not start your game as expected, can you please check the running processes to see if the game's process is in the list?

Hi All,

No, I am not running AnyDVD, CloneCD, etc.

I am running the latest version of GJ.

Windows is up to date.

Anti virus and it's services are not running.

When GJ freezes (when it does not start the game), the game is not in the running processes.

Len

Back