• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

online decrypt database problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have trying to play the BR "Kingsman THE SECRET SERVICE" using all AnyDVD versions starting fron 7.6.4.0. It always ask for access to online protection database. I have just tried with 7.6.9.5 , it still ask for OPD.

Why AnyDVD is not adding the key for this disc with releases? Is there any restriction associated with this disc.?

Same as in the other thread you posted into: please create your own troubleshooting thread and supply an AnyDVD log file, otherwise nobody will be able to help you.

I have trying to play the BR "Kingsman THE SECRET SERVICE" using all AnyDVD versions starting fron 7.6.4.0. It always ask for access to online protection database. I have just tried with 7.6.9.5 , it still ask for OPD.

Why AnyDVD is not adding the key for this disc with releases? Is there any restriction associated with this disc.?
This is a new BD+ disc, it requires the OPD.

BD+ always initially needs the OPD, it then receives decryption data from it and writes it to a file in the local database. The next time you insert that disc anydvd will use that local database file and the status window will reflect that as well. You'll see a line 'Using local database'.

No, not correct. AACS decryption is never done locally.
The OPD speeds up DVDs and BD+ blu-rays only.

Won't change a thing.

Nonsense.
Please don't sell guesswork as knowlege (you've done that in several threads around here, this is not an isolated incident).
If you think something is the case, please state so clearly and don't say it is a fact. If people start believing you, the nonsense starts spreading as common "knowlege".

No, both won't do the trick either.

The only way I can think of, is to run AnyDVD on a PC with internet connection, then insert the disc there.
After that you can copy the file "c:\programdata\slysoft\anydvd\vidcache.bin" over to the other PC.
Note that the version of AnyDVD should be the same on both machines.

Using the latest version of AnyDVD (including betas) will very rarely require this procedure.

Very good advice. I too use a off line system for all video work. I simply plug the internet cable into the off line system long enough to let dvdhd connect to OPD, once ok, unplug internet. Usually less than 15 seconds. If i have more than one blue ray, just repeat. After that, you can make the backup at any time. Once OPD checked there is no need to do it again for the same blyray disc

Hello, I've got a big problem now...
I'm a lifetime-license user. I can give you my actual eMail address I registered AnyDVD HD with (in a PM)
The one used on this site is different because you said (in another post) you blacklisted 11 ISP's...
and mine is one of them.. Ha Ha..!
So I wouldn't be able to see eMails from here if I didn't use another one for this forum.

My hard drive crashed with no backup of my c:\programdata\slysoft\anydvd\vidcache.bin file.
Yes...no image of my OS's C-drive, ...or file save...
I didn't know how the program worked, and where the keys get stored, anyway, ...but no image either...!! :(

I don't mean just the recent vidcache.bin is lost, but the entire file since I started using the program, so I may soon have nothing because from what I've read... the database won't be accessible soon, for the lifetime-license users to access, so I couldn't redo all my HD disks, on-time.

Not that I have thousands, but even doing 150 will take awhile, and not finish-able before the April 30th 2016 cut-off date for access to the old database. ( I have other things to do in my day as well... ;) )

Is it possible I can get a copy of someone's vidcache.bin file that's rather complete :) ... Or, to be allowed access to the old database (for lifetime, as intended) and then start the new license for access to the new database?

I'd think access to the old database for the lifetime license users, with new database access needing a new license is really fairer to your customers.

After all... How do you expect us to not think this could wind-up happening again later on, and no-one decides to come back and pick-up the pieces next time?
It's good public-relations, and customer confidence with you, if you can do this.

I'd ultimately like to have you make some way to have the most complete vidcache.bin file with all past entries put into it up until April 30th 2016, so that at least the lifetime license buyers with AnyDVD HD keys will be able to redo their own backups of owned HD DVD's in an emergency...like mine now... :)

Won't change a thing.

Nonsense.
Please don't sell guesswork as knowlege (you've done that in several threads around here, this is not an isolated incident).
If you think something is the case, please state so clearly and don't say it is a fact. If people start believing you, the nonsense starts spreading as common "knowlege".

No, both won't do the trick either.

The only way I can think of, is to run AnyDVD on a PC with internet connection, then insert the disc there.
After that you can copy the file "c:\programdata\slysoft\anydvd\vidcache.bin" over to the other PC.
Note that the version of AnyDVD should be the same on both machines.

Using the latest version of AnyDVD (including betas) will very rarely require this procedure.

I'd ultimately like to have you make some way to have the most complete vidcache.bin file with all past entries put into it up until April 30th 2016, so that at least the lifetime license buyers with AnyDVD HD keys will be able to redo their own backups of owned HD DVD's in an emergency...like mine now... :)
You've actually got a good point there!
Don't know if it's technically feasible?
James, Peer might answer that?

They already have, they're looking into it if it's possible and if so, how

Surely the actual decryption *is* done locally -- the video data read from disk the doesn't go out on your internet connection to to be decrypted and sent back to you.

At most it's just working out the required decryption key (and perhaps decryption method) that requires the internet connection.

BD+ always initially needs the OPD, it then receives decryption data from it and writes it to a file in the local database. The next time you insert that disc anydvd will use that local database file and the status window will reflect that as well. You'll see a line 'Using local database'.

I think it is not true. I have tried "Avtar" BR disc, which is BD+ protected, doesn't ask for OPD.

You're wrong. You're mistaking initiating a connection with the OPD with actually needing the OPD to decrypt a disc. Avatar is too old to need the OPD, try it with mockingjay and it's a different ball game.

what is the difference between initiating a connection with OPD and actually needing OPD.?

what is the difference between initiating a connection with OPD and actually needing OPD.?
Blu rays with BD+ protection need OPD, so they initiate a connection with OPD, it only happen the first time you insert the disc in your PC and store the info in the local database. Old blu rays with BD+ and they are in the local database dont initiate a connection with OPD but use it(the local version).

Simple, initiating: anydvd connects to OPD and sends basic disc info, OPD tells anydvd 'that disc is old enough to do it on your own'. Needing the OPD: anydvd connects and sends basic disc info, OPD sees it's a 'new' release and tells anydvd 'here's the decryption info, you need to do this and this...'.

Simple, initiating: anydvd connects to OPD and sends basic disc info, OPD tells anydvd 'that disc is old enough to do it on your own'. Needing the OPD: anydvd connects and sends basic disc info, OPD sees it's a 'new' release and tells anydvd 'here's the decryption info, you need to do this and this...'.
So is it that info about new disks will be included in the database built in to AnyDVD but isn't yet?

Or is it that newer disks are more complicated and you couldn't include all the info needed for them in a database small enough to include with AnyDVD?

--
Brian G. (In the UK)

New discs are always in the opd only initially. Including it in anydvd would make the setup too large. The opd is a few 100mb in size.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

New discs are always in the opd only initially. Including it in anydvd would make the setup too large. The opd is a few 100mb in size.

So my second scenario?

i.e. The info needed for disks they're making nowadays would be too big to ever include in the built in database that comes with AnyDVD?

--
Brian G. (In the UK)

Which is what I said, the opd is too big. Which is why anydvd doesn't come with it, it creates a local version on-demand when you insert a disc. The opd sends the needed data to anydvd, which anydvd then stores in a local database it then creates

Which is what I said, the opd is too big. Which is why anydvd doesn't come with it, it creates a local version on-demand when you insert a disc. The opd sends the needed data to anydvd, which anydvd then stores in a local database it then creates

I wanted clarification of 'initially'.
Initially until AnyDVD has accessed the OPD once or initially until later on the info will be included in AnyDVD.

Maybe it would be clearer to say "For recent more complex encryption schemes AnyDVD will need access to the OPD on Redfox servers the first ime it sees each disk."

--
Brian G. (In the UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back