• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

online decrypt database problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thghgv

Of late have attempted to copy a few titles that have required use of online database. The media machine I work on is not now or ever will be connected to the internet for security reasons. Is there a way to download decryption update and apply to that machine installation??

if it doesnt have access to the online database, anydvd will by default then fall back to trying to decrypt the old-fashioned way. The online database just speeds things up a little

after displaying message of "cannot connect to online DB, remove firewalls, etc, etc..." ADVDHD gives up and displays message that decryption is stopping and goes no farther.

Go to anydvd's "program settings", 2nd one from the bottom should list something like "use online database". Untick that one and try again

after displaying message of "cannot connect to online DB, remove firewalls, etc, etc..." ADVDHD gives up and displays message that decryption is stopping and goes no farther.

Anydvd does not crack the decryption key for a Blu-ray/HD DVD disc locally and if its not in the local database then it must connect to the internet to get it. Only other way of updating the local database is to install a newer version on anydvd (if one is available)

For dvd discs anydvd cracks the CSS on local computer if no internet connect is available

Anydvd does not crack the decryption key for a Blu-ray/HD DVD disc locally

Euh yes it does, whatya think bdphash.bin is for? That thing IS the LOCAL DATABASE and used for decrypting.

And ya contradicted yourself, first you say it doesnt then you say it does (local database)

Euh yes it does, whatya think bdphash.bin is for? That thing IS the LOCAL DATABASE and used for decrypting.

And ya contradicted yourself, first you say it doesnt then you say it does (local database)

Euh no it doesn't.

Why are you always so abrasive? Your post reads like you're just trying to start an argument for no reason! Chill out man!

We're talking about AACS here, not BD+. You do understand that AnyDVD doesn't break AACS on the user's computer like it does CSS, right?

To answer thghgv, try this:

On a computer that has Internet access, let AnyDVD update using the database. Then copy C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Cache to the same location on the computer without the Internet connection.

If that doesn't work, try copying AnyDVD.exe from the computer with Internet access (after letting it update via the online) to the computer without.

I'm not sure where AnyDVD stores downloaded AACS keys, but I would think it would be in the executable itself if not in the Cache directory. Perhaps a developer can chime in? :)

I'm not being abbrasive nor am i trying to start an argument. I'm just direct and always have been. Well if it aint using the bdphash.bin then it has to have some kind of database located somewhere else. Cause it doesnt always connect to the online database for decrypting blu-rays. That i know from using it. Don't know if it's the one located at the directory you said though

if it doesnt have access to the online database, anydvd will by default then fall back to trying to decrypt the old-fashioned way. The online database just speeds things up a little

No, not correct. AACS decryption is never done locally.
The OPD speeds up DVDs and BD+ blu-rays only.

Go to anydvd's "program settings", 2nd one from the bottom should list something like "use online database". Untick that one and try again

Won't change a thing.

Nonsense.
Please don't sell guesswork as knowlege (you've done that in several threads around here, this is not an isolated incident).
If you think something is the case, please state so clearly and don't say it is a fact. If people start believing you, the nonsense starts spreading as common "knowlege".

On a computer that has Internet access, let AnyDVD update using the database. Then copy C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Cache to the same location on the computer without the Internet connection.

If that doesn't work, try copying AnyDVD.exe from the computer with Internet access (after letting it update via the online) to the computer without.

No, both won't do the trick either.

Is there a way to download decryption update and apply to that machine installation??

The only way I can think of, is to run AnyDVD on a PC with internet connection, then insert the disc there.
After that you can copy the file "c:\programdata\slysoft\anydvd\vidcache.bin" over to the other PC.
Note that the version of AnyDVD should be the same on both machines.

Using the latest version of AnyDVD (including betas) will very rarely require this procedure.

Last edited:
My bad for misinterpreting things. Now if i read you correct peer, if the pc is not hooked up to the internet, there's no way to decrypt a blu-ray?

oh and pm me the "other instances" i'll have a look at what i said to hopefully stop doing it in the future ;)

My bad for misinterpreting things. Now if i read you correct peer, if the pc is not hooked up to the internet, there's no way to decrypt a blu-ray?

I believe all the decryption keys are stored in AnyDVDtray.exe. That's why it's so much bigger than it used to be.

Peer corrected me about additional AACS keys downloaded from the net; they are stored in vidcache.bin.

Right, AnyDVD contains a database of known title keys. When a new disc is encountered that isn't in the database, AnyDVD checks the online database to see if it already has a key for it. If yes, it downloads it and caches it. If no, then it performs *BLACK MAGIC* to retrieve the title key, adds it to the online database, and also caches it local for you. The decryption of the title key is not done locally. It's *BLACK MAGIC*! ;)

I think this may be a BD+ problem. But it sounds like the easier way to get the job done here is to simply get the latest beta and try it? Currently using non-internet v6.8.8.0 and it doesn't have decryption available for the last harry potter episode on BD.

Harry Potter does not have BD+. But it's likely that you need an updated AnyDVD version that contains the title key for it.

Also the machine I have connected to inet doesn't have a BD drive. Is there a way to force a like install of ADVDHD to fetch decryption info from inet without going thru the whole ADVDHD disk discovery routine ?

It's technically partially possible, but, it's a REAL pain to do so. If you had a protected ISO, you could mount it on the machine with the internet connection, retrieve the key, and copy the cache to the machine without. *HOWEVER*, there is a HUGE caveat to this. It requires that the disc has been scanned by someone else first. This is important to understand. If the key is not in the online database already, scanning a protected ISO will *NOT* work.

I have trying to play the BR "Kingsman THE SECRET SERVICE" using all AnyDVD versions starting fron 7.6.4.0. It always ask for access to online protection database. I have just tried with 7.6.9.5 , it still ask for OPD.

Why AnyDVD is not adding the key for this disc with releases? Is there any restriction associated with this disc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back