• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online database?

dbminter

Years ago, AnyDVD had an online database option. I encountered AnyDVD accessing the local database, but I was wondering if there's still an online database option in the software?

Thanks!

Not years ago. It still does. That said, DVD protections are handled by anydvd versions (You're in the DVD section). The OPD only comes into play on (uhd) bluray's. There's nothing to enable or disable. That's built into anydvd itself, when it encounters a blu-ray it can't handle on it's own, the OPD is automatically contacted afaik.

Thanks!

Yeah, I only have 5 Blu-Rays in my collection, and they're years before UHD came to be. I use AnyDVD for its DVD applications with rare exceptions.

I was curious because 8.5.0.0 accessed the local database for a disc, but it failed at 23% in. 8.5.0.2 Beta seems to be doing better as it's gotten past 23% but is still going. So, when I saw the local database access in the dialog, it made me remember the online database and I wondered if it was still in the software.

'still in the software', well technically no, as it never was 'in' it to begin with :) The OPD (online protection database) is as the name suggests, online only. It's (multiple?) servers that house BD decryption info for anydvd. Simplified anydvd talks to the OPD and goes 'hey, I got this title here I can't decrypt on my own. I need some help, send me the info I need. Here's the ID' and the OPD goes 'ok, here's the info you need for disc ID', when anydvd then gets that info it 'goes to work'.

Obviously there's a few conditions etc to it but that's basically the gist of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back