• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

One Tree Hill SN2 D6

Trooper

I don't know if anyone else has had trouble with cloning the 6th Disc of Season 2 of One Tree Hill. Two friends of mine have different pc's (and mine is different than theirs as well), but we all use Slysoft's bundle and use XP. The files won't copy to the hard drive, won't even clone in Shrink, and files won't decrypt. I have four different pc's and no go on any of them with variations of codecs and encoders. Anyone else have problems with this one?

Update on One Tree Hill

Here's the update regarding this disk. I managed to see my friend and borrow her disk and could not get CloneDVD to work on it. A cyber friend suggested that I try a free trial of DVDFab and sure enough, that did the trick. Even so, DVDFab DID plant an error box at me, but gave me the option at least to Ignore the error(s) and continue, which CloneDVD does not have integrated as an option. I've checked the clone and all the episodes played fine with no hitches. Any ideas why CloneDVD wouldn't do the work, but DVDFab did?

Can you do as Webslinger asked please?
Also more info like error message in DVDFab etc would be useful...

I'm pretty well done with this subject since I don't seriously believe that all four of my pc's system set ups have issues (and rather weary of indicating that yes, firmware updated, using current Slysoft updates, blah, blah, etc.) and really isn't a "press" issue .. it's just something differently set up that CloneDVD could not address. I am submitting the IFO's, however. I don't recall the error since I don't think it listed any actual specific errors to list (did the backup last week sometime, so would have to attempt it again to be more specific in another posting but don't believe there was any identifier whatsoever ... it just gave a box indicating error encountered with Abort, Retry, Ignore options ... and I have only used that program that once for this particular disk). So, why would you need more from me that you haven't already gotten before at the time I posted this (and the one about the Daniel Boone which rendered me befuddled) when I'm a happy camper now having achieved in what I'd set out to do in finally making a backup copy of this ornery disk? I'm outta blood today <smile>. I don't know what is done with these IFO's, so am submitting them to you to work whatever magic Slysoft is famous for doing. Cheers.

Attachments

• One Tree Hill IFO's.zip
    58.9 KB · Views: 3
Here's the update regarding this disk. I managed to see my friend and borrow her disk and could not get CloneDVD to work on it. A cyber friend suggested that I try a free trial of DVDFab and sure enough, that did the trick. Even so, DVDFab DID plant an error box at me, but gave me the option at least to Ignore the error(s) and continue, which CloneDVD does not have integrated as an option. I've checked the clone and all the episodes played fine with no hitches. Any ideas why CloneDVD wouldn't do the work, but DVDFab did?

Your original disc is bad and needs to replaced (crc are read errors). As for why dvdfab worked, that product will can skip over read errors if you want. Consequently, you have an imperfect backup (maybe a very minor though--possibly just a few frames). Clonedvd does not offer that option at that time (and I suspect the authors mostly presume you want a perfect backup rather than an imperfect one).

One way to check if the original disc is bad is to do this:

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
Considering I had a little help in troubleshooting this subject .. I rented a copy from Netflix ... another friend rented one from Blockbuster ... and another friend rented it from Hollywood ... in addition to the original shiny new disk from the boxed set ... kinda hard here to imagine that all of these disks were bad damaged disks that all halted at the same spot ... so, guess I'm not particular here on this one regarding a minor imperfect backup that has some "read errors" ... as mentioned, I'm rather done with this one and feel I've done my work in sorting it out.

Considering I had a little help in troubleshooting this subject .. I rented a copy from Netflix ... another friend rented one from Blockbuster ... and another friend rented it from Hollywood ... in addition to the original shiny new disk from the boxed set ... kinda hard here to imagine that all of these disks were bad damaged disks that all halted at the same spot ... so, guess I'm not particular here on this one regarding a minor imperfect backup that has some "read errors" ... as mentioned, I'm rather done with this one and feel I've done my work in sorting it out.

Rental discs generally have scratches on them, but if this is happening with most pressings then it may be a general mastering issue with this series. I strongly doubt this is a protection related issue, but if James takes a look at your .ifos, he'll know for sure.

Am dealing with a root canal and a car abandoned in a parking lot needing a new distributor so my focus is not here for a bit ... I noticed someone else had posted some while back about this same disk of this series with same results .. needless to say I hope James can sort it out with the IFO's .. let me know if you need the BUP's as well and I'll be happy to submit them as well.

Last edited:
Back