One DVD causes CloneDVD to freeze always

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by dragon3085, Mar 4, 2008.

1. dragon3085

dragon3085 New Member

I have one dvd- that when ever I try to make a copy of it, cloneDVD will lock up about half way through. I can reboot and try again and it will lock again. I can reboot and try another dvd and it works just fine. I have attached the log file from AnyDVD, I don't see anything out of the ordinary but I might not know what I should be looking for either. This DVD is not very new- so I doubt its protection causing the lockup- it plays fine so I don't think its bad. Any suggestions? I am using the latest version of both anydvd and clonedvd and I have tried unchecking the remove annoying adverts that shows after Anydvd scans the disk.

thanks
    Patrick:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A KYS1 MAR08 ,2005
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

What's the title?

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

You may also want to try using another drive.

You may also want to try updating your drive's firmware if available.

This disc doesn't contain any protection other than CSS.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

I believe it may be
    American Style Rhythm Syllabus Beginning - Intermediate (Bronze) West Coast Swing.

I'd recommend setting the drive region instead of having it not set. Do the following:

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
    ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
    iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
    iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
    v. Click "properties".
    vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
    vii. Select the region that you're in
    viii. Start Anydvd

Note the following from the log:

That's just a snippet. I'm seeing no read errors but it's failing to obtain one of the titlekeys.

I would be curious to see what happened with the region set correctly, though. I've seen a problem essentially identical to this that was solved by setting the drive region.

I recommend you do what Webslinger has suggested, as well, as far as testing.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the corrections guys as I saw that to Drink but thought it was irrelivent on SD's. Now I know.