• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

One DVD causes CloneDVD to freeze always

dragon3085

I have one dvd- that when ever I try to make a copy of it, cloneDVD will lock up about half way through. I can reboot and try again and it will lock again. I can reboot and try another dvd and it works just fine. I have attached the log file from AnyDVD, I don't see anything out of the ordinary but I might not know what I should be looking for either. This DVD is not very new- so I doubt its protection causing the lockup- it plays fine so I don't think its bad. Any suggestions? I am using the latest version of both anydvd and clonedvd and I have tried unchecking the remove annoying adverts that shows after Anydvd scans the disk.

thanks
Patrick:confused:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_ASRM23.zip
    42.4 KB · Views: 4
SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A KYS1 MAR08 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

What's the title?

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

You may also want to try using another drive.

You may also want to try updating your drive's firmware if available.

This disc doesn't contain any protection other than CSS.

Last edited:
SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A KYS1 MAR08 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

What's the title?

I believe it may be
American Style Rhythm Syllabus Beginning - Intermediate (Bronze) West Coast Swing.

I'd recommend setting the drive region instead of having it not set. Do the following:

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Note the following from the log:

is crypt_mode_deprotect1: 0x1
patch 3 of 3
volume 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
busy
compute 1 of 3
authenticate_drive: obtain 0
agid 3
client 1f11edf10b7d5bd41e50
key1 0a44287658
variant 0
host cd2ab3b28d2a92c3ef3e
key2 89287ffa3c
challenge 0a4428765889287ffa3c
bus 7ebbee3006
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4
authenticate_drive: obtain 1
report agid failed, sense 5:2c:0
agid 3
client 1f11edf10b7d5bd41e50
key1 0a44287658
variant 0
host c155f5dcb42abedbed54
key2 e31042c7c0
challenge 0a44287658e31042c7c0
bus 4f39a0035e
player 1 of 34
player 1 of 34
disc 0000000221
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2
authenticate_drive: obtain 1

That's just a snippet. I'm seeing no read errors but it's failing to obtain one of the titlekeys.

I would be curious to see what happened with the region set correctly, though. I've seen a problem essentially identical to this that was solved by setting the drive region.

I recommend you do what Webslinger has suggested, as well, as far as testing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the corrections guys as I saw that to Drink but thought it was irrelivent on SD's. Now I know.

Back