• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

One DL DVD vs two non-DL DVDs

k927

I am wondering if copying a dual layer DVD to two single layer DVDs is a more "reliable" way to go? I have found that DL DVD blanks are not the most "robust" (I have had a failure rate of several %). I guess the real question is: are single layer DVD blanks more resistant to scratches and are they more fool-proof to burn?

There would be a small cost advantage which would be offset by spending more time to copy (deciding the split location; two copies, albeit quicker ones, etc). But if the resulting copy is more reliable and robust, then it may be worth the effort.

I am wondering if copying a dual layer DVD to two single layer DVDs is a more "reliable" way to go?

Insofar as there won't be a layer break position to worry about (which is an area where burn errors are prone to occur), then yes.

That said, I've never experienced a problem doing the following (this is my primary method of backing up my collection--and I happen to burn faster than what I'm suggesting in the link):

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Back