• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

On-the-fly conversion

Roxy

I have quite a number of Blu-ray/DVD ISOs, created with AnyDVD.

Unfortunately, they cannot be transmitted via DLNA. That's why I would want CloneBD* to convert Blu-ray ISOs on the fly to a format that can be sent via DLNA.

It should be possible to create a meta data file for each ISO using CloneBD* that can be used by CloneBD* to extract the necessary streams and transmit them via DLNA.

----------------------------
* or some other software

DLNA has an extremely specific file restriction when it comes to codecs
Code:
https://www.dlna.org/guidelines/

DLNA Media formats for Home and mobile/handheld Devices
Media Formats Required Formats Set Optional Formats Set
Imaging JPEG GIF, PNG
Audio LPCM, MPEG-1 L3 (MP3), MPEG-4 AAC LC WMA9, AC-3, AAC, ATRAC3plus, MPEG4 (HE AAC, AAC LTP, BSAC), AMR
Video MPEG2, MPEG-4 Part 10 (AVC) with MPEG-4 AAC LC associated audio MPEG1, MPEG4, WMV9, VC1, H.263, MPEG4 part 2, MPEG4 AVC (BSAC or other for Assoc. Audio), HEVC H.265

Only MP4 video is allowed and only certain codec types. Try using the standard MP4 profile.

I think, the point was not so much the format, but rather the "on-the-fly" part.

That would require CloneBD to become a media steamer, which is probably beyond its design. If the on the fly part is the 'problem', something like Plex should suffice. But plex will needs a converted for first.

@ Pete:

Yes, indeed.

I invision CloneBD* to become a DNLA host, using a Blu-ray, DVD or ISO file as source. Since these sources often contain more than just a movie clip, I suggest CloneBD* would use its initial stream selection dialog for creating a stream meta data file, something like this:

Code:
{
  source: ".\Superman.iso"   // or, when using original on optical drive, e.g. "D:\"
, streams:
  [  { video: a4b20ae7, audio: 014c26df }
  ]
}

(The above is only imaginative data to visualize the idea.)

This meta data file would then be saved by CloneBD* to disk, like this:

CloneBdMetaDataFile.png

Next, CloneBD* should come with a DLNA Windows service using a media library of .dlna files to be able to arbitrary serve Blu-ray, DVD or ISO files from an NAS.

@ Ch3vr0n:

Yes, indeed. That's why I wrote "or some other program" in the beginning. Perhaps it's an idea for an additional product? The filter section would be the same as with CloneDVD/CloneBD.

Last edited:
@ Ch3vr0n:

I don't believe Plex is able to server Blu-rays or ISOs. As a Windows user I wouldn't need Plex anyway, since Windows 7/8/10 each come with DLNA servers.

To spare CloneDB* from providing a DLNA GUI and to still continue to provide the suggested service it would be sufficient for CloneBD* to provide a virtual drive, consisting of virtual .mp4 files for each .dlna file stored in its media library:

VirtualDlnaDrive.png

Last edited:
havent tried it. But if you use CloneBD to create MP4's, plex can handle the dlna part :) I tried the dlna in win7 didn't work for a dime due to the standard restrictions. With plex i can throw avi, mkv, mp4 ... at it and it works

Back