• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

OLED TV SCREENS

antipodes

Does any one know what is happening with Samsung OLED tvs. I was taken aback to be informed that Samsung had suspended development of their large screen OLED TVs because of reliability reasons. I asked about LG TVs and was informed that the LG OLED screen operated on a different basis and LG had no productivity problems. I also discovered that OLED screens comply with a different standard of HDR than non-OLED screens. Has any one had the opportunity to evaluate OLED screen picture quality?

Does any one know what is happening with Samsung OLED tvs. I was taken aback to be informed that Samsung had suspended development of their large screen OLED TVs because of reliability reasons. I asked about LG TVs and was informed that the LG OLED screen operated on a different basis and LG had no productivity problems. I also discovered that OLED screens comply with a different standard of HDR than non-OLED screens. Has any one had the opportunity to evaluate OLED screen picture quality?
Jawdropping awsome. Including the most stunning 3D you'll ever see (on the 4K units). The problem is, if you have seen one, you don't want anything else. ;)
And I have only seen the models from last year.
They use a "different" HDR, because OLEDs aren't as bright as other technologies. But they can be completely off (black), so you get the required contrast "downstairs".

Jawdropping awsome. Including the most stunning 3D you'll ever see (on the 4K units). The problem is, if you have seen one, you don't want anything else. ;)
And I have only seen the models from last year.
They use a "different" HDR, because OLEDs aren't as bright as other technologies. But they can be completely off (black), so you get the required contrast "downstairs".
Got a chance to view one b4 picking up my sony 65 850c hdr uhd 4k tv. All I can say is the blacks are amazing. No leaking and color seperation between the shades is perfect. If you step back about 10 feet from the screen it looses it wow factor but if your closer you see a big difference. They are too expensive for me. Even my sony was 3200 bucks in canada. Some tvs are 8-10 grand. A tip.... keep your screen size 65 or lower. If you go higher you risk things like backlight leaking, clouding and banding in greys across the panels. Most stores will not sell their display model because these tvs are top picked to be the best panels. My tv the manager sold me the store display model ;) No panel lottery for me as I know what I got! Think im spoiled when it comes to home theater stuff.

Got a chance to view one b4 picking up my sony 65 850c hdr uhd 4k tv. All I can say is the blacks are amazing. No leaking and color seperation between the shades is perfect. If you step back about 10 feet from the screen it looses it wow factor but if your closer you see a big difference. They are too expensive for me. Even my sony was 3200 bucks in canada. Some tvs are 8-10 grand. A tip.... keep your screen size 65 or lower. If you go higher you risk things like backlight leaking, clouding and banding in greys across the panels. Most stores will not sell their display model because these tvs are top picked to be the best panels. My tv the manager sold me the store display model ;) No panel lottery for me as I know what I got! Think im spoiled when it comes to home theater stuff.
Thanks for your opinions James and General1 expensive seems to be the operative term with these sets. I also found out that Samsung are developing another process called QLED which is supposed to overcome longevity problems but that sales are still a couple of years off.

Back