• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

OK, now I'm confused

MHTPC

First of all... I bought AnyDVD HD because I thought I needed it, but...

I have an old tv set with 1080i components input. I'm building an HTPC box for it.

I thought that HDCP would not allow me to play both HD disk formats. But... it appear that right now all HD disks allow playback over analog outputs? It's only with digital outputs that the HDCP chain is enforced up to the screen?

Well.. as of now PowerDVD Advisor says my system is all green with my analog monitor... And I actually can play full res HD-DVDs without AnyDVD HD running (with no downscaling). I expect it will be the same when I hook up the component cable to my TV as it is analog too.

So, I guess my copy of AnyDVD HD will only be required if I wanna rip the disks to hard disk for later play?

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks for any clarification.

Powerdvd & Analog

The component cables will cause powerdvd to downscale. An analog monitor is allowed, but component (ie.. tv output) is not allowed full res. Makes no sense I know, but that is what they did. :mad:

okay... i knew there was a catch... it sounded too good to be true.

go SlySoft go!

Just to clarrify - this is a per-movie thing, so it won't be on every movie (much like BD+).

Back