• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ok guys after some research and i have finally worked it all out, BUT......>

btemtd

So I worked out how to rip and burn Blu-rays... I even managed to rip a blu-ray full of bad sectors which took 24 hrs+ to rip as I wanted the most out of it... good thing with ISOPUZZLE is even if you pause it after it has done a few cylces over the disc the ISO will still play I wanted to test it and I played the entire ISO using ANYDVD to decrypt protection and then powerdvd to play. This worked Perfectly on my laptop!!

Now to the burning adventures >>>>

My first attempt ended with a fail, Because it was one of those ISO which ANYdvd did not like to rip because of the badsectors, so I used ISOpuzzle! Problem with isopuzzle is it does not care if anydvd removed protection, it will rip it 1:1 with the protection on there, which means you need to still decrypt the iso before u burn. So what I tried to do is use Vitural clonedrive to mount the "puzzleRIPPED" iso then ANYDVD removed the protection from the mounted driveISO which prompted me to try ahsampoo to perform a BD > BD copy Virtual to physical, since the virtual is now unprotected due to anydvd. Anyway this seemd to burn with no problem, but there WAS a problem!! PS3 did not even detect it!! :mad:

Anyways my 2nd 3rd 4th etc.. Attempts seemed to be fine, for the 3D BD movies that had no bad sectors all I did was rip with anydvd and then performed an ISO to DVD copy with Imgburn. Now I was cocky and proud as I played the 1st bit of the movie on my PS3 and assumed its fine because it worked.. so I just did the next 1. Again I played the the 1st bit and it worked! This time I copied the next 5 movies and didn't bother checking.. Anyway as I have already watched these I did not really want to sit through 7 movies to test if they play ok after all everything completed with no problem Ripping & Burning. Note: for the 2 movies that i needed ISOpuzzle to rip I learnt my lesson from my 1 attempt and decided to Mount "puzzledISO" to a drive and then use Anydvd to rip them off the Cloned drive as now they did not have any bad sectors so it worked.. once I did that I then used Imgburn to burn to DVD like the rest.

Tools & Equipment -

• I have a PS3 with the Lastest Firmware
  • I have TDK 50gb DL blu ray blanks
  • I have a slim external Samsung Bluray XL burner & player
  • I use AnyDVD, Virtual CloneDRIVE, Isopuzzle, Clonecd & Imgburn

Here is the issue, today I decided to put on clash of the titans for my neice so I had a good reason to test my copy, beleive it or not the PS3 picked it up loaded it and then in between screens, got stuck on the black part before the movie even started, I ejected & reloaded it = same thing. 3rd time I ejected it and thought maybe the whiteboard marker texta I used doesn't like these BD-R so I wiped it off, anyway after all that I put it back in and this time it made it to the start menu, so I clicked Play and at that point it froze on the blank screen again!

So I said how about Green Lantern and I chucked that on with no issues at all, but half way through the movie it start Jerking jumping and sound cutting off eventually sound turned off after 1 minute and the Jumping and jerking continued with the picture, I decided to fast forward about 5-10 min of this and it was fine after that until the end.

I also tried playing resident evil and It went passed the menu and played I watched only the first 5 minutes as I do not have time to sit through the whole movie, I am wondering if that one movie Clash of the titans was a DUD, But why would I get jerks also in Greenlantern. Is there a way to protect myself from these , is there things to watch out for , can anyone tell me > "what NOT to do" Advice and so forth!!!

Oh yeh by the way Interestingly I tried playing all the DVD's with PotPlayer and they work, remember that first one i tried with ashampoo that did not even get detected on my PS3 well pot player loaded it WTF!!! And it also overcame the blank screen freeze with clash of the titans...I am so lost I am now afraid to burn to these discs it feels like i am throwing away money.

Can someone tell me some really detailed advise in regards to burning and also disc's & players , should i buy a standalone player? etc... I want to know ALL THE BEST stuff to get for this to work with the LEAST error rate..

By the way: I dont know if I just wasted money as I have 16x TDK 50GB blanks left, BUT i decided to try get some other blanks so I can play with them and compare, I just bought 10x Optical quantum & 10 x Verbatim

Please
&
Thanks for listening and hopefully your help! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Since I got no reply on my last thread, I will make this shorter

I may have given you my life story in my last thread I don't blame anyone that doesn't want to read through the whole thing.

All I want to know is I am making 1:1 copies of My Blu Ray 3D discs, Now my question is what is the best way to do this, I used ANyDVD for the discs without bad-sectors, with the discs with bad sectors I used Isopuzzle, then used ANydvd to rip the ISO from a cloned drive then Imgburn to finalize on a BD-R

FOr the non badsector discs all I did was AnyDVD then Imgburn..

I have TDK 50gb Blank 1-4x I copied at 4x.. ALl finished burning with no errors, ALl of them load up on the PS3 except for 1 - Clash of the titans, this loads up to the menu screen then freezes after pressing play.

I only watched 1 of the movies from start to finish and this was the one with bad sectors, But Isopuzzle finished it and I was able to play in on the PC with a minor 1- 2sec glitch at around half way, no interference with the movie, when I burnt and watched it from the PS3 it skipped a whole lot more than 1- 2 seconds I had to FFwd about 5 min of it to bypass the major sound & audio glitch it had. I am really hoping the others dont have this problem

I am using PS3 with the latest firmware to play and I am using

Samsung SE-506BB to burn again I think this has the latest firmware as I did a check when installing it a few weeks ago.

Am I missing something here what is the BEST way to make 1:1 copies, One of the copies I ripped with ISOpuzzle then loaded into Virtual drive and RE_ripped it to ISO again this time removing the protection, then using imgburn to burn the image worked fine but half way through it started skipping a little. I don't know if I am missing something, should I burn at a lower speed then the maximum?

Last edited:
Simple answer would be not to use ISOPuzzle, to make corrupt ISO's. If the disc has read errors then it's faulty so get it replaced. All you are doing by skipping over bad sectors is removing chunks from the original disc which means parts of the files will be corrupt.
If the AnyDVD ripper gives read errors then I'd stop at that point and get the disc replaced

Adbear is right. You have made a defective ISO which your PC can play, but it doesn't survive the burn-then-settop player process.

IsoPuzzle is a tool which will Keep Trying to make a perfect .iso copy, and if it can't you might be able to mount it on your PC and salvage data off of it, but if it does never complete a Blu-ray or DVD rip successfully (without errors) your resulting disc is highly unlikely to play.

this may surprise you all , isopuzzle actually made an excellent copy even with missing 30mb worth of sectors, the only thing that happen is when it got to that stage it skipped for a few seconds just like it would on a damaged disc, now the interesting thing is this same skip happend on another movie copy that was ripped with anydvd which did not have any errors and completed the entire thing.

work that one out ;)

this may surprise you all , isopuzzle actually made an excellent copy even with missing 30mb worth of sectors, the only thing that happen is when it got to that stage it skipped for a few seconds just like it would on a damaged disc
Well, in this instance you got lucky--it is not always going to be the case that an incomplete rip-then-burn will just play-but-skip.

now the interesting thing is this same skip happend on another movie copy that was ripped with anydvd which did not have any errors and completed the entire thing.

work that one out ;)
I don't understand; you ripped the very same defective disc twice, but AnyDVD did not report the errors that ISOPUZZLE had trouble with? Or you're just saying that an errorless rip you did with AnyDVD skipped? That can be an effect of the burn, or of the player.

No I didnt rip the same disc twice what I am saying is a different disc which actually ripped with ANYDVD without an issue, had the same type of weird skip issue that happened with the defective disc that isopuzzle could only rip

a different disc which actually ripped with ANYDVD without an issue, had the same type of weird skip issue
I'm not sure how this could happen, unless you do not have the Verify option checked with ImgBurn (and so it was a faulty burn) or maybe your player just didn't like the disc you burned-on.

Back