• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Official Windows 7 Support

BurnerHEAD

hi!

I know that, Slysoft *do* work on Windows 7, but since now the RTM builds are shipped via MSDN, Slysoft could make the final adjustments and improvements for Windows 7.

I'm wondering when Windows 7 will be officially supported, as stated so in the changelog for all Slysoft products.
(GameJackal is the only one, that has something about 7 included in the log:)
- Official Windows 7 support (based on Windows 7 RC Build 7100).

Windows 7 will be shipped on 22nd of October. No need to rush.

I will get my "special" RTM build on 15th of August. German 64 Bit of course.
(I'll be installing no 32 Bit, anymore.) I'm gonna run some tests myself.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

First the provider, then the users

When Microsoft starts officially supporting boxed/OEM versions of Windows 7 then SlySoft, like other platform users, will announce official support also. 8)

When Microsoft starts officially supporting boxed/OEM versions of Windows 7 then SlySoft, like other platform users, will announce official support also. 8)

Great news. I just wanted to make sure, that GameJackal (which may need special treatment to work properly on Windows 7) is working from day 1 after Windows 7 has been released.

Well, we're now in the period of time, that Microsoft gives the software developers, to make their products capable to Windows 7.

I'm looking forward to Windows 7 and of course using Slysoft products on it. ;)

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Guys,

I read that there's a more mean region code protection in vista and w7 than in XP. So from your comments W7 + AnyDVD doesn't give a problem playing R1 DVDs or Region A BD's on my underprivileged european PC using TMT?

This is not so much question about purchasing anydvd HD (coz I already have one lifetime license!) but about buying a W7 license for my Media PC!

hi!

I know that, Slysoft *do* work on Windows 7, but since now the RTM builds are shipped via MSDN, Slysoft could make the final adjustments and improvements for Windows 7.

Nothing to adjust. All "adjustments" are already made. ;)

Cool. Great news! :clap:
The only product, I'm worried about is GameJackal Pro on Win7 64Bit. Maybe that one needs some adjustments, but time will tell, and it's probably the games and their protections on Win7, that will behave differently.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

I didn't get my 7-PC yet, but I was wondering if Slysoft products support the Jump Lists and the progress bar in the jump list?

I know that Imgburn shows the progress in the Jump List icon.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Yes Slysoft and Win 7 work in harmony from what I can tell right now.

Came here for just this answer, need to update my test machine to Windows 7 RTM and was hoping to have it working with the Slysoft package. Will have to be a clean install since this box runs Windows XP Professional

I have anyDvD and Clone DvD... I've had no problems so far... I am one of the Beta testers for Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit.... most of my 3rd party apps needed to be reloaded in compatibility mode... but anyDvD and Clone DvD didn't seem to work any differently than before... however, I reloaded them anyway...

The latest and current versions of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD do in-fact function on Windows 7 x64 with no issues whatsoever. I was also one of the beta testers for Windows 7 and am currently running Windows 7 x64 RC1 and it screams along (maybe due to the Corsair X128 SSD drive) or purely the OS itself. Would their be any benefit of Slysoft releasing 64-bit versions of these apps? I will be receiving Windows 7 Ultimate RTM for free from MS, probably during the end of October.

Yes Slysoft and Win 7 work in harmony from what I can tell right now.

:disagree:

Not for me. Installation of AnyDVD produced a driver certification error. After that no DVD access at all. Windows 7 simply refused to allow access to the drive. I found a solution to at least get my drive back...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461/en-us

I found in the LowerFilter entry of the described registry entry an AnyDVD value. Can't recall the exact value. Anyway, after following the instructions I got my DVD drive back, but as forecasted...AnyDVD stopped working.

I will try to uninstall and install again.

My system: HP Elitebook 2730p and an external LG DVD model GP08NU20. I'm running Windows 7 (beta) 64bit with latest updates.

Its not really a big issue as I have dual boot with Vista 32bit and this configution works fine. But I would like to see this working in Windows 7 as for ones I'm quite happy with a new Windows release and I want to get rid of the Vista partition asap.

I have the latest versions of AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD, CloneDVD mobile, Game Jackal, and Virtual CloneDrive installed under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM (build 7600). There are no compatibility issues.

:disagree:

Not for me. Installation of AnyDVD produced a driver certification error.

If you get such an error, check the signature of AnyDVD.sys, it should be ok. If not, update your root certificates. Or the AnyDVD.sys image was altered somehow.

But I would like to see this working in Windows 7

Works perfectly fine with Windows 7 RTM. I'm not having any issues at all. Neither is SamuriHL nor I believe any of the other English moderators. If you're having problems, you need to do what James says, and click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

I've also helped some people perform Windows 7 RTM installs. Some of them own Slysoft programs. No issues at all

I found a solution to at least get my drive back...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461/en-us

All that does is force people to reinstall software rather than address the real problem.

Last edited:
After re-install it now works...

:)

I de-installed AnyDVD, downloaded and installed further Windows 7 updates and re-installed AnyDVD and it works fine.

Well, the mysterious world of Windows...

I have the latest versions of AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD, CloneDVD mobile, Game Jackal, and Virtual CloneDrive installed under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM (build 7600). There are no compatibility issues.

Is there any chance for 64 Bit versions of Slysoft programs? ;)

CloneDVD, CloneDVD mobile and CloneBD could profit from 64 Bit.

Back