• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

official "please add DVD-Audio backup option" :)

Biff

..or change the name to "AlmostAnyDVD" :D after all it ain't new format, it's out there since 2000, in digital world it's really a lot of time :)

I would like to backup my DVD-A discs but I just can't, so please guys - work on it and add this option :) I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would like to backup their DVD-A discs

..or change the name to "AlmostAnyDVD" :D after all it ain't new format, it's out there since 2000, in digital world it's really a lot of time :)

I would like to backup my DVD-A discs but I just can't, so please guys - work on it and add this option :) I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would like to backup their DVD-A discs

I as well, BUT the burner in my PC won't read DVD-A so sort of a moot point. I suppose they are available. As it is now I can back up the DVD-A discs that also have a DVD-Video portion, but this is only a compromise.

EVERY dvd drive reads DVD-A discs, you just can't play or backup protected ones

EVERY dvd drive reads DVD-A discs, you just can't play or backup protected ones
It reads it but can't play it? That sounds a lot like it won't work, which is what I was saying. I'll check again, but I'm fairly certain that I can't even see the files for the DVD-A portion in Explorer, nor could I extract the audio to play in car stereo with DVD Audio Extractor. Just doesn't "see" it, unless it has the DVD-V info as well.

what do you mean? you can't see all those files in AUDIO_TS folder? it's just pc data, you can play UNPROTECTED dvd-a discsc on pc via powerdvd or windvd

what do you mean? you can't see all those files in AUDIO_TS folder? it's just pc data, you can play UNPROTECTED dvd-a discsc on pc via powerdvd or windvd
It's probably just a misunderstanding on my part. This is the contents of the audio-ts folder of a DVD-A disc which also has DTS version. These, as you say, are the DVD-a files and the DTS must then reside in the video_ts folder?
I've done some other web research and find that some have managed to duplicate their DVD-A but it seems very involved, more than I'd want to take on. Unless Slysoft can make this happen I'll have to be satisfied with making a DTS only back up.
Thanks

Attachments

• DVDa.jpg
    DVDa.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 20
It's all clear now. As far as i know, you're able to make a full working copy of dvd-a disc with clonecd if the disc is not protected. Using other software you're also able to extract these high resolution audio files (mlp or lpcm) from protected dvd-a discs and create unprotected dvd-a disc but that's not a backup copy...

what say slysoft? i also use dvd-a but but why i cant make a backup? it cant be so difficult for peoples who make anydvd hd. ;)

oh i'm pretty sure it's not difficult, but i'm also sure that slyfoft is not interested in adding this feature - not even one single answer to this topic from slysoft team members or senior members

it's not like i'm complaining or somethin - anydvd is not freeware or open source, there are probably less than 1000 dvd-a titles out there so potential money gain is not worth the time and work

Back