• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Office Depot DVD-R any good?

sneakers

I just bought these for 19.98 - 12.00 rebate = 7.98

75 DVD-R (8x), 25 CD-R

Are they any good or did I get screwed?

Run DVD-Info (Can be downloaded and is free) and report what thy of actual media it is that you have purchased (i.e., RITEKxxx). Then we should be able to comment.

I have bought OD brand DVD -R that were actually Verbatim discs. Just depends on who made the discs for them. When you buy specials, it's like the line from Forrest Gump. "It's like a box of chocolates, you don't know what you're going to get."

The manufacturer id is RITEKF1

Though it says 8x on the case they will burn at 4x,8x,12x and 16x

Last edited:
The manufacturer id is RITEKF1

Though it says 8x on the case they will burn at 4x,8x,12x and 16x

Generally considered junk. See here. Wouldn't use them for full length movies. If you have something that is 30-45 minutes in length, it may be alright at 4x.

Last edited:
Generally considered junk. See here. Wouldn't use them for full length movies. If you have something that is 30-45 minutes in length, it may be alright at 4x.

But probably won't last more then a couple of years. Like I said go buy Verbatim, TY, or Maxell BQ.

Back