• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

off-topic stuff from the Blu-ray sticky

Charlie, i know that, my question was if logfiles for BD+ titles are useful in anyway way. If i understand correctly a soon to come version of anydvd will be able to crack all v4 titles, except for BD+ ones, so is there any point in posting logfiles for those?

Charlie, i know that, my question was if logfiles for BD+ titles are useful in anyway way. If i understand correctly a soon to come version of anydvd will be able to crack all v4 titles, except for BD+ ones, so is there any point in posting logfiles for those?

My understanding is that when v4 is totally cracked then this will include BD+ titles as well. I may be wrong here not sure.

Isn't BD+ and V4 basically the same or is it a bit different?

My understanding is that when v4 is totally cracked then this will include BD+ titles as well. I may be wrong here not sure.

no that is not really correct. I think you could imagine it like that. Somebody has something an puts it behind a door(somthing=movie).(door=AACS).You can go to the door how often you want. When you open the door and want to leave with the thing behind you have to go a different way than you came to the door.The way you came is shut. On the new way you get checked if you are allowed to take the thing with you.(this check is BD+).

By the way you can not go the BD+ way when you come in because then you would know what would be asked from you and than you could prepare for it(that is now Slysofts job).

MKBv4

Is the lack of a AnyDVDHD version with MKB v4 a tactical or technical decision? If a tactical decision, any chance for a button to download the latest title keys whenever the current version doesn't have the necessary keys embedded in the software?

Also, it will be interesting once this cat and mouse game gets pushed to hardware players. Despite having Ethernet ports on these units, do they really expect that the majority of folks are going to put up with hooking up their players to the Internet when the players gets black listed? Earlier adopters, sure, but I just can't see the masses doing it or putting up with constant updates each time they want to watch a new release.

Also, what is this going to do to the software DVD players? Last I checked, these guys barely made enough money to keep the doors open. Add in constant updates that require new program installs along with the 100MB downloads and tech support calls that each update will cause and you've got a costly mess for them and their customers.

I'm sure the guy that stops by BestBuy to get the latest BluRay/HDDVD for his plane trip is going to love the fact that when he plays it, he can't because he needs to spend an hour+ downloading and updating his software. To me, that violates the #1 rule of sales - make it as easy as possible to buy and use what you are selling.

All this effort and then how long until someone cracks a HDMI chip so that you can capture in pure digital and bypass all embedded security in HDDVD, BluRay, and STBs.

A whole lot of effort that is just shifting revenue and creating the forbidden fruit syndrome. No one asked me, but go after torrent sites, torrent downloaders, production houses, and real thieves. For those of us that just want to have a media server, make a backup of the media or mash up some video frames, let us be and be grateful that we aren't returning the media to the store every time it's scratched and won't play.

(Sorry if I got a bit off topic :( )

Thanks

Edward Scissorhands

I've been gone for a few days and see that slysoft has accomplished quite a bit. Does anyone know if Edward Scissorhands is rippable? I saw on another thread that it was, but I would assume that it has BD+. Can someone confirm for me. Thanks in advance.

It is rippable, and it doesn't have BD+

Thanks for the confirmation, although this surprises me since it is a recent Fox release. Anyone have any idea why they didn't use BD+ with it?

I've been gone for a few days and see that slysoft has accomplished quite a bit. Does anyone know if Edward Scissorhands is rippable? I saw on another thread that it was, but I would assume that it has BD+. Can someone confirm for me. Thanks in advance.

hahhaah..i was thinking the same thing! where's mick!?

scissorshands must be able to be ripped as I saw it "out there"

almost everything except those with java virtual machine are done

i don't own scissorhands yet, but it's on order

Back