• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Odd error with Spider-man 2 BD

Jibberjabba

Hi,

I bought the spidey trilogy on BD. It was released a good month earlier here than the US release.

The first movie AnyDVD HD dealt with just fine. However the second one ripped to my HD OK, but I can't play the main feature. Using PowerDVD when I select the main feature in the menu it just plays the FBI warning and then PowerDVD hangs.

If I look inside the STREAM folder there are many files, but none seem large enough to be the main feature. The largest files are around the 7 Gb mark and the rest are much smaller so, if I had to guess, I'd say the main feature files were not ripped, or are hidden somewhere.

Please let me know if there's any information I can provide for you. I suspect that when the US release date rolls around you guys might be flooded with emails anyway so here's a chance to get in front of the problem. :agree:

Spiderman 2 uses seamless branching. That's why you have many small files instead of one big one, so it can switch between Spiderman 2 and 2.1.

Thanks Blobb,

it looks like you're right. I ended up rebooting my PC and changing the region code (I had it set to North America) and the movie is playing now. It's kind of annoying - I should have checked whether the movie played ok after just a reboot - because now I don't know whether it's working now because the PC needed a reboot, or because I changed the region code. I would change it back to check but there's a region code change counter and I'm down to 4 now (and I don't know how to reset it). In any case it may be an AnyDVD HD issue, but I don't know for sure. Sorry about that! :doh:

Back