• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Odd behavior with UHD discs, but may be more general...

Lonald

I was having trouble with my 6 year old ASUS Blu-Ray internal devices, so I replaced them and changed the firmware via the MakeMKV application.

Here is the behavior I noted:
1. I put in a UHD disc and it was recognized.
2. I used CloneBD for a backup.
3. I put in a second UHD disc and it was not recognized.
4. I put in the original UHD disc and it was no longer recognized.
5. I rebooted the computer and either disc is recognized.
6. I changed discs and the new disc is not recognized.

I am going to post logfiles with this and subsequent replies detailing the logfile context.

The logfile here is after a fresh reboot, with the disc recognized.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_D_Saturday Night Fever-Remaster.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Here is the logfile after I eject the disc and the put it back in.

I receive the dreaded "Cannot process the request at this moment, please try again later!"

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_D_Saturday Night Fever-Remaster.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
I then put in a disc that worked earlier and received the same error message.

Any interesting nuance is that I have two of the same drives and the disc fails in both. BTW, one has the ASUS firmware 3.02. I originally had both with the Libre firmware 3.10, but tried the old 3.02 to see if that made a difference (it didn't).

So, what have I messed up this time???

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_D_PUSS_IN_BOOTS_THE_LAST_WISH.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_E_PUSS_IN_BOOTS_THE_LAST_WISH.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Thad sounds like libredrive isn't getting cleared from the drive memory on eject like it's supposed to. A very likely bug in makemkv. Yuck.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Thad sounds like libredrive isn't getting cleared from the drive memory on eject like it's supposed to. A very likely bug in makemkv. Yuck.

Except that it also occurs in the v3.02 firmware from ASUS as well. Which I will need to specifically validate... tomorrow!

That doesn't mean anything. Libredrive is used regardless of what firmware is installed if makemkv is installed.

The logfile here is after a fresh reboot, with the disc recognized.
Am I missing something?

Code:
BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

EDIT:
If you drives are "friendly" you can try to uninstall MakeMKV, POWER CYCLE(!!!) the PC and try again.

Uninstalling MakeMKV did the trick.

After the uninstall and reboot, the Blu-Ray player with firmware v3.02 worked perfectly. The drive with the Libre firmware (3.10) unsurprisingly did not.

I then flashed the malfunctioning drive to firmware v3.02 and now that drive works.

I don't have the need for MakeMKV on this computer, so I am not reinstalling the application.

Thanks!

Back