• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Odd A/V sync problem

TheSmitty

I purchased the AnyDVD and CloneDVDMobile sets right before the end of the year and have used them many times. They are great!

Only issue I have had is this. I tried to use CloneDVDMobile on "The Chronicles of Narnia" and it ran fine. I transfered it to my Creative Zen Vision W and it plays great. However, when I FF through the movie, even just 20 minutes into it then it gets severely out of sync.

It does not do that at all with other movies, at least that I have discovered. Even if I rip only the first 20-30 minutes of the movie it does this.

Very strange, and certainly not the end of the world since it does play and not get out of sync if I watch it from the beginning. But I figure I would post it here and just see of anyone experience something odd like this.

Thanks

I am running 6.3.0.3 currently. I will try the beta and post a result.

Thanks

I am running 6.3.0.3 currently. I will try the beta and post a result.

Thanks

I know that there was a problem with Anydvd 6.3.0.8 removing time maps from titlesets. I don't know if 6.3.0.3 had that problem.

I tried the version mentioned and it did not help at all.

Just for giggles, I grapped another DVD I had handy, Total Recall, ripped the first 20-30 minutes (using scissors), transfered it to the Vision W and played it. Used the FF to get about 10 minutes into it, no A/V sync problems at all.

I then ripped, first 20-30 minutes of Narnia, transfered it and play it. Same problem. It simply is the craziest thing I have seen.

I even tried another Disney picture, National Treasure and it worked like a champ.

I guess there is just something odd with "The Chronicles of Narnia" that AnyDVD, CloneDVDMobile or even the Vision W cannot handle whenever you try to FF through it.

If you haven't done so, you might try using the "Generic WMV" profile instead of the Zen Vision profile. This worked a lot better for me with respect to A/V sync (on a Zen, not a Zen Vision). The downside is that CloneDVD Mobile implements WMV8 not WMV9, so if synching via Windows Media Player 10 it insists on converting the WMV file one more time. But A/V sync appears to be spot on.

YMMV.

Mike

Back