• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVIDIA GTX 1650 (Turing) apparently does not use Turing NVENC

I have faith it's not going to leak. LC has been around for many years. These AIO LC's are sealed up quite well. And with a case that's built for them, it gets everything out of the way. The vapor cooler is freaking HUGE and took up a giant space in the middle of the case. Which is what it was supposed to do and worked well, but, I really like how clean the machine is now. If you can work with air cooling, all good!

At the end of the day both air cooling and liquid cooling have their places. Many factors can come into play as to which is best for each person so to discount one cooling method over the other is simply short-sighted. Both options are solid if you take everything into account when deciding and understanding.

For the time being I am pleased with the temps on my system using my AIO. It's also way easier to work on. Better access to RAM, GPU, other components, etc. On the flipside, there is an expiration date since AIOs can't last forever. If I do switch back to air cooling it will likely be when my H100i dies. After some thought there's really no reason to run out and spend money on a HSF when I have a perfectly good AIO that's getting the job done.

People are paranoid about the water leaking and all that. That's not what's going to die in an AIO. It's almost always going to be the pump that goes. And that simply means no water moving around. But it doesn't mean spring a leak. I mean if you puncture the block, ok, it might leak. But what are you doing to that poor machine where you're at risk of puncturing the radiator??? LOL I'm absolutely not worried at all about the longevity of the AIO. The vapor cooler was in my 3770k for 6 years and it was used when I got it. (A friend sent it to me after he upgraded...I did buy a new fan for it, though). That thing's still going strong should I ever want to resurrect it.

Oh I know the pump would fail first most likely (they usually last between 3-5yrs), it's just the whole idea of it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

People are paranoid about the water leaking and all that. That's not what's going to die in an AIO. It's almost always going to be the pump that goes. And that simply means no water moving around. But it doesn't mean spring a leak. I mean if you puncture the block, ok, it might leak. But what are you doing to that poor machine where you're at risk of puncturing the radiator??? LOL I'm absolutely not worried at all about the longevity of the AIO. The vapor cooler was in my 3770k for 6 years and it was used when I got it. (A friend sent it to me after he upgraded...I did buy a new fan for it, though). That thing's still going strong should I ever want to resurrect it.

Agreed. The pump was what I was referring to.

@SamuriHL,

for your liquid cooling the same math applies. 2 x 140 fans transport the same cooling air stream as 3 x 120 fans at the same rpm speed of the fans. So - choose wisely for a silent system.

Oh I know the pump would fail first most likely (they usually last between 3-5yrs), ...
AFAIK Corsair offers 5 years of warranty for their AIO liquid cooling systems. Pumps failing after 3-5 years would be bad for their business plan.

@SamuriHL,

for your liquid cooling the same math applies. 2 x 140 fans transport the same cooling air stream as 3 x 120 fans at the same rpm speed of the fans. So - choose wisely for a silent system.

Yes, I'm going with a maglev fan set when I get around to it. Silent is not necessarily the goal I'm going for.

@SamuriHL ,

are you kidding me? Silence is my first priority building PCs. Enlighten me please why this has lower priority.

Because when I'm watching a movie I watch it with a level of sound equal to "wake dead people in China". Not to mention that my fans when watching a movie are already silent. During video encoding, when the machine is pushed, I couldn't care less what the fans sound like.

I'm not nice now. But I have still a wife who makes me turn the volume down. And I hate it... :rockingchair:

"Wake dead people in China" that's funny... Alive people in Germany ringed my bell when they thought I listened to movies too loud in the middle of the night. And they are at least living 300 yards from my place. Still too close....

Back