• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVENC 2pass / multipass

tectpro

Translator (ms_MY)
@Reto @Fabian

Is it possible to add the new function 2pass / multipass to CloneBD?
As in the new NVENC SDK API v10.0

Code:
The flag to set it is described in nvEncodeAPI.h:
typedef enum _NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_MODE
{
NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_CONSTQP = 0x0, /< Constant QP mode */
NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_VBR = 0x1, /< Variable bitrate mode */
NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_CBR = 0x2, /< Constant bitrate mode */
NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_CBR_LOWDELAY_HQ = 0x8, /< Deprecated, use NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_CBR + NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_QUARTER_RESOLUTION / NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_FULL_RESOLUTION +
lowDelayKeyFrameScale=1 */
NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_CBR_HQ = 0x10, /< Deprecated, use NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_CBR + NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_QUARTER_RESOLUTION / NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_FULL_RESOLUTION */
NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_VBR_HQ = 0x20 /< Deprecated, use NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_VBR + NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_QUARTER_RESOLUTION / NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_FULL_RESOLUTION */
} NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_MODE;

Link to info:
https://docs.nvidia.com/video-techn...nvenc-video-encoder-api-prog-guide/index.html

You may need to scroll down.

Last edited:
At the moment, we don't support 2-pass encoding. 2-pass encoding is a remnant of the past, in my opinion.

Do you have a scenario in which you think it is useful?

I was looking at dark scenes in animation/anime.
Maybe it's just me but with the NVENC 2pass enabled the blockiness seems to be less in lower bitrates.
I combine it with lookahead and some vpp filters but the 2pass still seems to get the picture a notch better.

Back