• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

number 23 & the messengers

TammyM1175

when i back up these 2 movies from my collection, my back up copy is scrambled. does anyone know what causes this and what i can do to fix it? thank you

What type of blank media are you using?

Also on the Messengers http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091&highlight=messengers

I am backing up Number 23 unrated right now and the anydvd read out does state that there was nothing removed so I guess the DVD title is all good. Will report back on my out come. Others have also stated that # 23 can be backed up just fine with clonedvd and anydvd ( who would ever question) :D

Very well could be try to get and use Tayio Yuden or Verbatim's to use for your backups. Still doing #23 and will watch it breifly before I reply on the playback.

i wouldnt say scrambled u mean pixelated. i had the same problem with 23. in clone take out all the short clips all the way up to the 11 min or so. whay they did was they doubled up all the clips. what i mean by that is in the deleted scenes u can pick play all or the actual minute clip. if u hit play all u can still watch all. u will just cut out the doubled clips that u can pick single by themselves. the movie will look fine and ull still have theatrical and unrated.

Its not a problem entirely related to media, I used Tayio Yuden 8X preminum line and got the same results using latest versions of Anydvd and Clonedvd. I got the same pixelation problem encountered in the messengers earlier this spring. I gave up using Clonedvd to compress the movie reset the compression setting to dl and just ripped to harddrive and compressed with dvdshrink and no pixelation problem.

No problems for me either, playback on the theatrical and the unrated are just fine. I didn't use shrink either.

No problems for me either, playback on the theatrical and the unrated are just fine. I didn't use shrink either.

How did you do it? Copy DVD Titles or CloneDVD and remove extras?
Thanks

I used anydvd to decrypt and used a competitor software other than clonedvd2 ( I do own it though ). Look at my profile to find what I used. I did full disc as well.

I used anydvd to decrypt and used a competitor software other than clonedvd2 ( I do own it though ). Look at my profile to find what I used. I did full disc as well.

Got you,thanks!

Everyone sayin use better media please stop being so full of urselves and listen to the people for once instead of giving the same media bs., this title has issues just like the messengers it's clonedvd not being able to set the bitrate correctly. Clonedvd has fallen behind ever since the messengers which they have yet to address but oh well.

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd. It's a Clonedvd problem.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate forum.

From Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

5. Why does my full disc backup of Number 23, The Queen or The Messengers look pixellated and messed up during playback?

The problem as James describes it, is that the extras, menus, previews . . . something is confusing Clonedvd's bitrate controller.
This is not an Anydvd issue. This is a transcoder (Clonedvd) issue. This issue may affect other video compression programs, not just Clonedvd.

This issue applies to full disc backups (with ads, extras, menus, previews, everything)--and not just a simple main movie backup. The problem is a single layer full disc backup won't come close to 4.7 GB (will likely be 4 gigs or less).

1. The Queen Region 2

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2510

2. The Messenger Region 1 (people are reporting dvdshrink works fine)

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4602

3. Number 23

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6031

when i back up these 2 movies from my collection, my back up copy is scrambled. does anyone know what causes this and what i can do to fix it? thank you

This is a known problem, if you backup the complete disc to a single layer medium.

Either
1.) Leave out the extras (deleted scenes, making of). This will fix this problem, and as a side effect, increase the picture quality because of reduced compression
2.) Copy only the movie
3.) Don't copy the menus
4.) Use a dual layer disc

or

5.) wait for the next CloneDVD2 version which fixes this problem (to be released soon).

This is a known problem, if you backup the complete disc to a single layer medium.

Either
1.) Leave out the extras (deleted scenes, making of). This will fix this problem, and as a side effect, increase the picture quality because of reduced compression
2.) Copy only the movie
3.) Don't copy the menus
4.) Use a dual layer disc

or

5.) wait for the next CloneDVD2 version which fixes this problem (to be released soon).

James, do you know what title to use. There are three. Thank you!

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd. It's a Clonedvd problem.
I believe it is a very strange copy protection specifically designed to attack CloneDVD.
Sometimes it is a disadvantage to be the market leader. ;)

Anyway, next CloneDVD version won't have this problem. And at the moment the workaround is quite simple, too (just don't copy the making off or deleted scenes).

I believe it is a very strange copy protection specifically designed to attack CloneDVD.
Sometimes it is a disadvantage to be the market leader. ;)

Anyway, next CloneDVD version won't have this problem. And at the moment the workaround is quite simple, too (just don't copy the making off or deleted scenes).

Any idea as to when the next version of CloneDVD will be released with these updates?
Thanks

James, do you know what title to use. There are three. Thank you!

I used title 35, and if you just want the movie make sure you rip it without the subtitles or you will get the blue banner

Back