• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NS60 and FW

Silvers24

I just purchased this BD Drive. The WH16NS60
Came with encrypted 1.0.3
I then MK'd it.

Afterwards I downgraded it to the original 1.0
And AnyDVD still won't work. By my understanding taking it to 1.0 should of worked?
What else must I do?

And if this requires flashing to the asus FW, which one?
And what do I lose if I do this?
Or does it not matter if I can easily flash it back to 1.0?

Please bare with me, there is a lot of scattered informatin spread between 4 forums and youtube (From a couple of those forums)
I did do a lot of research before coming to this question.

ALSO, I know not to start MakeMKV if I want to use AnyDVD, I loaded anyDVD up before MakeMKV so you could see what I did.

Attachments

• annoyed.jpg
    annoyed.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 6
Nope. NS60 is an official drive and you installed official firmware, so it won't work in AnyDVD as of now.

If you wish to use the drive with AnyDVD, I recommend installing the NS40 1.03MK (HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS40-NS50-1.05-NM00900-212005061440.bin). That will make the drive UHD friendly and will work with AnyDVD.

I need to make sure. I found the files I believe.
And I will use the BH12NS40 .exe as pictured?

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9
AWESOME!
Gonna go try it now. And will post hopeful results. This is pretty cool then. While more a PITA on my end (And I did end up finding the ns40 version on amazon after the fact)
I like this drive. Seems to be very versatile since this can work.
Thank you SamruiHL!

Oh, will there be any features removed? I wanna mess with Mdisc.

Well, since you use AnyDVD with that drive, you shouldn't encounter the so called "sleep bug" where the drive will spin down and then refuse to read the disc again until the disc is ejected and reinserted. AnyDVD prevents the disc from spinning down. I've no idea about mdisc at all. But I had you flash the NS40 firmware to keep things in the family. If you are planning on burning discs then we may have to revisit the version of the firmware. Maybe. But for now you should be good to go with that firmware.

Awesome. Yes, for now that is my only intentions.
I did read about that sleep bug. But I will mess around and see what happens.
It flashed just fine otherwise and rebooting. So i'll play around.

Got it, so burning discs might need the close to original FW, then no problemo. Though I do have a LG BD/HD-DVD drive in the same PC slower, but burns ha.

You may not have issues burning with that drive on that firmware. you'll have to experiment (with RW discs!) and see what it does. if you have issues, then you'll potentially want to drop back to NS40 1.02 DE which I can point you to if you need to go there.

Back