• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not true Copied Saw3 With ANYDVD & DVD Shrink 3.2

anthonyp8339

Saw3 will not work with DVDShrink with Any DVD running in the back ground!

First time this has ever happened ! I can usually copy any DVD out there with DVD Shrink 3.2 So after a few hours messing around I found you can use Any DVD Ripper! Just send Saw3 to DSK1_VOL(C:) Then start DVD Shrink hit reauthor double click DSK_VOL(C:) Will bring up Saw 3 files click on files then hit reauthor on DVD Shrink again. Add only the main movie and send to my documents. Bingo it is copied! I tried so many different things and even used DVD Decrypter which still could not read a certian file on Saw3. I am only giving my experience and in no way telling you it will work for yous. BUT I HOPE IT'S BEEN HELPFULL!!!! Can't wait for the Grudge 2 on Tues. I love a good fight.......Happy Burning Twister

Saw3 has given a whole LOT of us "a good laugh". <sigh>

-W

yeah, i got Open Season and Saw 3 from a friend who wanted me to back them up for him, weird combination of movies, and two of the few that give any problems to AnyDVD. I said "no problem" only to find out they were in fact a problem. Open Season did not work with the 6.1.1.4 (or whatever) version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, but i did the rip video-dvd to harddisc option of anydvd and that worked, so it took longer but oh well. Saw 3 also did not work in clonedvd and made my little anyDVD fox disappear a few times.... then i tried the same method of rip to hard drive with anyDVD, and it got about 10% and stopped, could have been the disc though, tried to clean it = the same. So it looked like that method worked i think it was his disc, i ended up downloading a torrent version for him from the net just so i could say i wasnt defeated. but yeah, i hope we can beat these protections soon, i am going to upgrade to cloneDVD2 see if that helps 8)

i am going to upgrade to cloneDVD2 see if that helps 8)

The Clonedvd that everyone is talking about is only found at Slysoft's or Elby's website. The other stuff, imo, is just trying to ride the coatails of the real Clonedvd by sharing a similar name (and/or domain name for the website).

It took some time and if you read my first post you would not have posted such nonsense. I used Any DVD Ripper- sent it toDSK_VOL(C:) AFTER it was done I closed Any DVD. Opened DVD Shrink hit open files found it and hit reauthor-click main movie right click and add.Hit back up send to my docs. and BINGO. SAW3 IS COPIED and the copy is as good as store bought. Hey it worked for me not saying it will work for others. But DVD Shrink is a freeware and does work!

It took some time and if you read my first post you would not have posted such nonsense.

If your comment is directed at me, the problem is Shrink and Anydvd cannot produce a full disk (full menus, etc.) backup of this title without the use of third party applications.

The fact is who wants all the whole disk? Not me I want just the movie and especially not the FBI WARNING ON MY COPIED DISK. I think I may have hit a nerve???

The fact is who wants all the whole disk? Not me I want just the movie and especially not the FBI WARNING ON MY COPIED DISK. I think I may have hit a nerve???

That's fine. The point is the copy protection isn't defeated until until there's a full disc backup. The reason for this (and it's not just Saw3) is often because the copy protection is located elsewhere other than the main movie. Some people, myself included, prefer backups including the full menus.This has nothing to do with FBI warnings. So the statement that someone is able to backup the main movie, in general, isn't unexpected (in fact, even people who suffer from bad opticals readers and faulty orginal discs using Clonedvd2 can almost always obtain the main movie only--even if they can't get anything else working). And no, you didn't hit a nerve. You just haven't solved the problem. If you do happen to do so without using other applications (just anydvd/shrink), please let us know so I can update the sticky. Thank you

Last edited:
The point is you posted something thats not true and should be retrackted or updated. LOOK people read your posts alot and take what you say seriously. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, just letting you know that it worked for me. Have a good one!

The point is you posted something thats not true and should be retrackted or updated.

No. What I wrote is true, and there's a link leading to this thread already in that post.

Edit: As a result of your complaint, I've added "if you want full disc backups including menus" to the end of my first sentence in the sticky.

Last edited:
Yeah I just found it and I am not called someone I have a user ID which is anthonyp8339

Help!!!!

Whoever said The Grudge 2 did fine needs to let me know you did it. I am getting nowhere with it. I stalls after the 2nd chapter. I'm using Shrink & DVD Clone 2.:bowdown: :( :confused:

Full disc rip Saw 3

I was able to rip Saw 3 using AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4 to a full disc image (8.3 gig), but have been unable to shrink image. I also ran out of dual-layer discs to burn to, so after work on Weds, I'll pick some up and let you know how it goes.

I can confirm that ripping by AnyDVD and opening in DVDShrink 3.2 will allow you to burn the Main Movie from Saw 3.

Whoever said The Grudge 2 did fine needs to let me know you did it. I am getting nowhere with it. I stalls after the 2nd chapter. I'm using Shrink & DVD Clone 2.:bowdown: :( :confused
I am assuming you have ANY DVD ? Right click the fox in icon tray left click rip video-DVD to hard disk. Lf. click little folder next to source directory. Lf. click my computer and then Lf. click DVD-RW DRIVE (D:) Hit ok. Repeat same steps for destination directory but you want to click Dsk1_Vol1 (c:) Hit ok. Hit copy and will ask for DVD Push in in your burner. After the disk is done ripping close the application and start your DVD Shrink 3.2. For get about Clone 2. The rest you should be able to figure out and if not read what I wrote eariler. Note you will only be able to copy the main movie that is the only way for it to fit on a standard 4.7GB disk. I'm not sure if it will work with a dual layer disk to do a full back up. I hope this was helpful-the main movie came out perfect for me! Twister

Saw 3

I downloaded CloneDVD2 and tried that with AnyDVD and worked like a champ!! For some reson DVDShrink won't compress the Saw 3 movie. I guess you get what you pay for with shrink, like no updates.

Back