• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not sure how to proceed - Bad Sectors on an ISO

DQ

So I had an unsupported UHD disc. As I have done in the past when I encounter such a thing I make a protected ISO and store it away for later when it is supported. So this disc is now supported.

I mount the ISO and crank-up AnyDVD. All good at this point.

However, I have tried using CloneBD directly on the mounted ISO and it complains about corruption. So then I reripped it to another (non-protected) ISO and during that process AnyDVD complained about bad sectors. I skipped passed the errors and tried CloneBD on the new ISO and again it complains of corruption.

I am not sure what gives here. Was the original disc an issue? (would have thought AnyDVD would have complained initially). Is AnyDVD not doing it's thing here correctly since this is a UHD? Yes, CloneBD is being used here but I think it's just seeing the issue that is existing from the ISO creations.

Sorry for the long story, just looking for some advice. Thanks.

AnyDVD can verify the sector content only, if it is able to decrypt. If your drive didn't report errors (maybe running in a VM? A bad USB enclosure?) AnyDVD doesn't know.
Mount the protected iso in AnyDVD and let it rip to unprotected...
And, it is always good to post logfiles. Saves me a lot of guessing.

So then I reripped it to another (non-protected) ISO and during that process AnyDVD complained about bad sectors. I skipped passed the errors and tried CloneBD on the new ISO and again it complains of corruption.
Complained *how* exactly? AnyDVD error log, please...

Complained *how* exactly? AnyDVD error log, please...

Sorry about no log file. My bad on that one.

This was originally ripped protected with an internal SATA drive and this is not running within a VM. Also I did try to re-rip to an unprotected ISO but I get errors there too.

Logfile attached. Thanks for looking at it.

Also I added a second logfile I had from the original protected rip in the event that helps.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_H_THE_OUTSIDERS_THEATRICAL_4D8FC3F2_A961E2D7.ziplog
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.5.7.1_Info_J_THE_OUTSIDERS_THEATRICAL.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
Also I did try to re-rip to an unprotected ISO but I get errors there too.
Again... *What* kind of errors? Check the *error* log.
Guessing again, "Verify sectors failed"? This means, that the image is broken. Or the image mounter introduces funny problems.
Try the original disc with CloneBD, skipping all the imaging....

No problem. Just a hint: Using Microsoft Image mounter is a very bad idea. Use Virtual CloneDrive instead, if possible.

You are correct, bad sector errors. And I will stop using Windows mounter.

I just find it super odd and confusing how I got no errors on the original protected rip and only after decryption is there sector errors. What I mean by confused is I was not sure in which direction to go to solve that.

I will try other mounting apps and see how that goes. If that fails I will try the disc again. Thank you.

EDIT - I tried Virtual CloneDrive but same results in CloneBD which is it complaining of corruption. So I will assume my current ISO is busted.

Last edited:
You are correct, bad sector errors. And I will stop using Windows mounter.

I just find it super odd and confusing how I got no errors on the original protected rip and only after decryption is there sector errors. What I mean by confused is I was not sure in which direction to go to solve that.

I will try other mounting apps and see how that goes. If that fails I will try the disc again. Thank you.

EDIT - I tried Virtual CloneDrive but same results in CloneBD which is it complaining of corruption. So I will assume my current ISO is busted.

Hello DQ,

You could try IsoBuster, it has some restrictions in the free version, so I am not sure of how much help it will be.
It will also work with ISO images (not encrypted).

It won't help. The encrypted data in the iso is corrupt which means it won't be able to be decrypted properly. Protected iso can be a tough mistress at times.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DQ
Back