• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not enough disc storage capacity

HiDuck

I am trying to back up the movie Cars (just the movie without menus and extra content) onto a disc using AnyDVD but am getting a notice the disc is not large enough. Is this the point when I need to switch to a DL disc? I have never had this come across before. If, so do all DVD players support DL discs? My first impression is that they do but I truthfully do not know what the media companies use for their DVD's when they publish them. My son and I enjoy watching this movie a lot but he is at the age where he wants to put the disc in the player. I don't want to get the disc to a point where it no longer works!

around 99% of commercial dvd releases are on DL discs.

sometimes it is possible to rip just the main movie and have that be the right size for a single layer dvd. you can do this by selecting only the main movie in clonedvd (usually the longest title) and accepting any quality loss (assuming you want it on a single layer dvd). the quality loss (as long as the quality is around 75% or up) shouldnt really be noticeable unless you have a huge tv and/or are looking for it.

another option is to just get a DL disc and copy the dvd directly. this will have everything the same as the original (except copyprotection, because anydvd removes that).

to make it more compatible for a standalone player make sure you set the booktype to dvd-rom.

Last edited:
I've gotten that message before, but it was talking about hard drive space. I cleared some space, and everything was fine. Double check your HD space.

I am trying to back up the movie Cars (just the movie without menus and extra content) onto a disc using AnyDVD but am getting a notice the disc is not large enough.

Which disc--the blank dvd--or your hard drive?

Ensure "dvd-5" is selected near the quality bar in Clonedvd.

What backup/burning program are you using?

Go with DVD5 for sure, and maybe a 8GB disc if it's a huge film on a single disc.

I haven't seen the film or had this issue before. Most discs that are too large are on 2 different discs from the mfg.8)

Back