Not able to decrypt Passengers

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Nakkii, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Nakkii

Nakkii New Member

Getting a message that says AnyDVD is not able to decrypt the movie. Passengers

Attached Files:

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

Set your drive region code, then try again.
    How To set it link in my signature below.

nebostrangla likes this.
  3. nebostrangla

nebostrangla Well-Known Member

I really hope @James adds the prompt/procedure to set the region when AnyDvDHD detects the region is not set. And make the program deselect that drive until it's done {if possible}. It would really cut down on these type of posts. And yes I know blocking a drive will upset some people. But the fact is it needs to be done.
    And it would take someone longer to write a complaint post than actually setting the region.

whatever_gong82 and slimm like this.
  4. shadow

shadow Active Member

"I really hope @James adds the prompt/procedure to set the region when AnyDVD [HD] detects the region is not set. And make the program deselect that drive until it's done {if possible}. It would really cut down on these type of posts. And yes I know blocking a drive will upset some people o_O . But the fact is it needs to be done.
    And it would take someone longer to write a complaint post than actually setting the region."

I have used AnyDVD since its' inception.
    Somewhere in the region of 60/70 drives.
    Never bothered to set region.
    Drives that came already set, had firmware changed to remove region.
    I can say no problems experienced ever.

5. nebostrangla

There's a difference in a drive with unset region (AnyDvDHD Status window states Region Not Set ). Where setting of the region ONCE to your region is needed for AnyDvDHD to work properly on ALL disc's.
    And a Region Free drive/Firmware that requires no region. If it has a region to set it needs setting.
    If you continue to decrypt DVD's on a drive with an unset region sooner or later you WILL have issues with CSS decryption. It is almost commonplace on here now.
    Be sure to set it to the region you are in or where the majority of your disc's are from.
    If you use alot of discs from a different region then it's best to set a secondarydrive to that region.
    Again this is specifically about DVD Regions.

6. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Just because you haven't had the issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We see it all the time on here where setting the drives region fixes a decryption issue.

whatever_gong82 and nebostrangla like this.
  7. shadow

shadow Active Member

I simply posted that I've never had any problems.
    I believe that maybe in my haste to provide a simple post. Some confusion has arisen.
    When I say all my drives are region free, a more accurate statement would be "set to any region".
    My point being that you shouldn't need to set to one specific region.

8. Yaris

Yaris Well-Known Member

Your 2 comments are totally irrelevant to the hundreds of non-techie users whose drives are unset at '0'.

9. nebostrangla

Well consider yourself on of the lucky few. At this point

That's one of the great things about AnyDvDHD it makes your drive appear to be region free so you aren't locked to one region. But it needs to be set just once for CSS decryption to properly be done on some discs. Now If there was no need to set it in the first place then it wouldn't need to be set.
    Also if you was to disable AnyDvDHD then you would see what limitations there are until you did set it.
    Even the simplest things like watching the content with a software player like PDvD.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    whatever_gong82 likes this.
  10. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Be nice please. The facts here on the forums prove otherwise. We see it on these forums pretty much DAILY where there's decryption issues due to an unset region. Latest example of this week's tuesday https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/edge-of-seventeen.72260/ Without an unset region anydvd can't do it's job the way its supposed to and has to bruteforce guess the decryption keys. It's not a matter of IF you'll run into the problem but when. Sooner or later it will hit you

11. shadow

shadow Active Member

I would like to respond to the post that states "Also if you was to disable AnyDvDHD then you would seewhat limitations there are until you did set it."
    I only use AnyDVD (HD) these days to play back ciniva "infected" discs on my PC.
    Currently prefer this than using any removal options.
    I do not require AnyDVD to rip.
    My Oppo stand alone plays all my backups. Inc ciniva related ones.