• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not able to decrypt Passengers

Nakkii

Getting a message that says AnyDVD is not able to decrypt the movie. Passengers

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_D_PASSENGERS_2016.ziplog
    130 KB · Views: 2
I really hope @James adds the prompt/procedure to set the region when AnyDvDHD detects the region is not set. And make the program deselect that drive until it's done {if possible}. It would really cut down on these type of posts. And yes I know blocking a drive will upset some people. But the fact is it needs to be done.
And it would take someone longer to write a complaint post than actually setting the region.

"I really hope @James adds the prompt/procedure to set the region when AnyDVD [HD] detects the region is not set. And make the program deselect that drive until it's done {if possible}. It would really cut down on these type of posts. And yes I know blocking a drive will upset some people o_O . But the fact is it needs to be done.
And it would take someone longer to write a complaint post than actually setting the region."

I have used AnyDVD since its' inception.
Somewhere in the region of 60/70 drives.
Never bothered to set region.
Drives that came already set, had firmware changed to remove region.
I can say no problems experienced ever.

There's a difference in a drive with unset region (AnyDvDHD Status window states Region Not Set ). Where setting of the region ONCE to your region is needed for AnyDvDHD to work properly on ALL disc's.
And a Region Free drive/Firmware that requires no region. If it has a region to set it needs setting.
If you continue to decrypt DVD's on a drive with an unset region sooner or later you WILL have issues with CSS decryption. It is almost commonplace on here now.
Be sure to set it to the region you are in or where the majority of your disc's are from.
If you use alot of discs from a different region then it's best to set a secondarydrive to that region.
Again this is specifically about DVD Regions.

I have used AnyDVD since its' inception.
Somewhere in the region of 60/70 drives.
Never bothered to set region.
Drives that came already set, had firmware changed to remove region.
I can say no problems experienced ever.
Just because you haven't had the issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We see it all the time on here where setting the drives region fixes a decryption issue.

I simply posted that I've never had any problems.
I believe that maybe in my haste to provide a simple post. Some confusion has arisen.
When I say all my drives are region free, a more accurate statement would be "set to any region".
My point being that you shouldn't need to set to one specific region.

I believe that maybe in my haste to provide a simple post. Some confusion has arisen.
When I say all my drives are region free, a more accurate statement would be "set to any region".
Your 2 comments are totally irrelevant to the hundreds of non-techie users whose drives are unset at '0'.

Well consider yourself on of the lucky few. At this point

That's one of the great things about AnyDvDHD it makes your drive appear to be region free so you aren't locked to one region. But it needs to be set just once for CSS decryption to properly be done on some discs. Now If there was no need to set it in the first place then it wouldn't need to be set.
Also if you was to disable AnyDvDHD then you would see what limitations there are until you did set it.
Even the simplest things like watching the content with a software player like PDvD.

Last edited:
Be nice please. The facts here on the forums prove otherwise. We see it on these forums pretty much DAILY where there's decryption issues due to an unset region. Latest example of this week's tuesday https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/edge-of-seventeen.72260/ Without an unset region anydvd can't do it's job the way its supposed to and has to bruteforce guess the decryption keys. It's not a matter of IF you'll run into the problem but when. Sooner or later it will hit you

I would like to respond to the post that states "Also if you was to disable AnyDvDHD then you would seewhat limitations there are until you did set it."
I only use AnyDVD (HD) these days to play back ciniva "infected" discs on my PC.
Currently prefer this than using any removal options.
I do not require AnyDVD to rip.
My Oppo stand alone plays all my backups. Inc ciniva related ones.

Back