• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Norm of the North - Won't recognize

floydboy58

Hi all,

I always rip my Bluray discs directly to ISO format. I just got Norm of the Northa and when I insert the disk with AnyDVD running there is no recognition of the disc. For a title it still shows the last disc I ripped.

Is there something known with this disc?

Thanks,

Disable anydvd for a second, does windows then see the disc? If it doesn't, not an anydvd problem.

I Exited AnyDVD from the taskbar and re-inserted the disc. Win10 still does not see the drive.

I rip 100+ movie per year and this a first in many years...

First you say disc, now you say drive. Which is it?

when I insert the disk with AnyDVD running there is no recognition of the disc. For a title it still shows the last disc I ripped.

Is there something known with this disc?
Try rebooting your machine, without the disc in the drive, and reinsert the disc in the drive after the reboot.

Sometimes Windows goes "loopy," and a reboot gives it a needed kick in the head.

I'm guessing that's a poorly pressed disc. And your drive has some use on it. And therefore cannot read it. I had the same issue with a couple of disc's myself. Changed out the drive and they read perfectly now.

EDIT:
Unfortunately drives don't last forever. It really is dependent on your usage amount. And 100+ a year is alot. Change the drive and it will work just fine I'm sure. I actually got a good 6 years out of an LG BD/HDDvD drive and was my only HD capable drive. But I don't do alot of ripping either. When I do however I always do protected ISO (BD/HDDvD only). Then when I need it fir any reason I just mount w/VCD and let the fox do its thing again and wallah. Then i can use that where I want. And whether or not it's handled correctly when I rip its still usable and no Re-Ripping nessecery ever.
And with as many as you rip a year I would keep a spare one around.

Last edited:
Dirty disc, defective disc, borderline disc, dirty drive, picky drive, or a combination. As I've noted in other problem posts make sure there isn't a residual film on the disc from the manufacturing process which could lead to issues with it being read. You can try carefully cleaning the disc if you do see a film present. If no other discs are exhibiting a problem and cleaning isn't required or doesn't work then I'd return it for a replacement.

Back