• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NON-RPC-2 BD/DVD Burners: Which One to Get?

Spirit Wolfe

Greetings:

I have not been on this site in ages. How is everyone! :coolman:

I was on an old thread about RPC-2 drives and I was thinking I am not up on them anymore because I have not needed to use one in quite some time now that USB drives and HDDs are more in demand and less expensive.

However, please, I need some help as to a "good, better, best" drive to purchase that I can use to back up my DVDs and BluRays to my Seagate 8TB hard drive as well as make a permanent copy of my programs that are saved only to a hard drive. I do not have a desktop, but I am using an ASUS Q504UAK 2-in-1 notebook with 16GB RAM and a 1TB hard drive with an Intel CORE i5 7th Gen processor.

I recently purchased a Nolyth BD burner drive from Amazon and not to my immediate surprise I cannot use this drive because of the fact it is locked in the new RPC-2 standard. My other drives from long past have gone to their grave after years of use.

I was thinking about either getting the Vantec NST-536S3-BK NexStar DX USB 3.0 External Enclosure for SATA Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Drive and couple it with the LG Electronics Blu-ray/DVD Writer Optical Drive - WH16NS60 ...

However, I would like to keep it on the portable and maybe go with the Pioneer 6X BDR-XD05B External Blu-ray Burner instead.

But with the computer, I have maybe I should think about going by way of the 5.25" drive and external enclosure just so I can not rely on the power of my computer alone. It is not like I am going to take it anywhere.

:thankyou: ... in advance!

Cheers!

Back