• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Non Bitstreamed audio becomes corrupted

azaze1

Corrupted is not the right word, maybe compromised

This is not a new issue, It existed for me with the 1.8.6.3 build which was my first install of Reclock, but it's also prevelant with 1.8.6.4. What happens is anytime MPC-HC loads reclock for it's audio renderer... any sounds that are NOT bitstreamed to my receiver from then on take on a completely different sound. It is completely unrecognizable, until I reboot.

I never really cared to look into it because this is for an HTPC, and everything I send to my reciever is bitstreamed. So the aftermath of Reclock intercepting the audio is not realized when I bitstream a track to my reciever. However, when I exit, any windows sounds, any XBMC navigation sounds, and ultimately any MP3 /general audio that is passed to my reciever via PCM is completely messed up. If I disable Reclock from activating when I play a movie via mpc-hc... this will never happen.

My only fix is to reboot my HTPC which i hate to do every time I want to listen to music after watching a movie....

Is this normal?

I've got an ATI Radeon HD 5450 if that makes a difference... Realtek HDMI Audio driver 2.42

Sounds possibly related to my problem. If I use WASAPI with the Realtek drivers I get no sound at all out of any other player or Windows until I reboot or change the output format for my playback device.

It may we worth trying that - changing the output format - it is easier and quicker than rebooting, or try the ATI driver (currently 10.2). That works here. Yes, there is a small downside to that driver too, but for me quite an acceptable trade-off.

Output 32 integer in ReClock works for me with Realtek HDMI w/ no issues

Back