• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"No video stream found" with all mkvs – solution?

tmdaines

Hi all,

This looks a great piece of software and I'm hoping I can find a fix for some trouble I am having right now, which will be one of the final pieces in my HTPC jigsaw. I am currently running Kodi DSPlayer with madVR, LAV filters and Reclock.

Currently, Reclock is not correctly identifying the frame rate for any and all of my mkv files. When you open Reclock properties when playing an mkv, it always says "No video stream found" and therefore the frame rate is obviously not being identified. The sole purpose of Reclock for me is to get 25fps files playing at 24fps automatically, whilst leaving 23.97, 24 and 50fps files alone. Right now, it is not able to do that.

From Googling I can see that this has been a consistent problem over the years and you would think there would be a documented fix for this, but it seems that dozens of people have had this issue over the years and there has never been any real answer. Some claim deleting registry entries can help, others suggest reinstalling, but nothing is working for me

I am presuming that it must be working with mkvs for most people and I am hoping someone can assist me and suggest some fixes that may have worked for others.

If anyone needs any details in order to help me out, then please let me know.

Hi all,

This looks a great piece of software and I'm hoping I can find a fix for some trouble I am having right now, which will be one of the final pieces in my HTPC jigsaw. I am currently running Kodi DSPlayer with madVR, LAV filters and Reclock.

Currently, Reclock is not correctly identifying the frame rate for any and all of my mkv files. When you open Reclock properties when playing an mkv, it always says "No video stream found" and therefore the frame rate is obviously not being identified. The sole purpose of Reclock for me is to get 25fps files playing at 24fps automatically, whilst leaving 23.97, 24 and 50fps files alone. Right now, it is not able to do that.

From Googling I can see that this has been a consistent problem over the years and you would think there would be a documented fix for this, but it seems that dozens of people have had this issue over the years and there has never been any real answer. Some claim deleting registry entries can help, others suggest reinstalling, but nothing is working for me

I am presuming that it must be working with mkvs for most people and I am hoping someone can assist me and suggest some fixes that may have worked for others.

If anyone needs any details in order to help me out, then please let me know.
Hey,
At: Configure ReClock > Video settings > Frame rate determination > Media files.
Are both built-in and DShow estimators enabled?

Yes, thanks for the suggestion, they both were.

However, I think I solved it!

Turning on "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)" in Kodi DSPlayer lead to Reclock finding the video stream for all my files, which suggested it was a filters issue. Also using MPC-HC's internal filters for MKV lead to Reclock finding the video stream for all my files when played in MPC-HC.

After an hour or so of changing different MKV-related settings in the LAV filters' menus, switching the Hardware Decoder in LAV Video from "Intel QuickSync" to "DXVA2 (copy-back)" has seemingly solved the problem!

I now have my setup functioning how I wish with 23.97, 24 and 50fps videos being played at their respective frame rates with the corresponding refresh rate. 25fps videos are now being sped up to 24fps with the correct refresh rate.

Back