• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No System Tray Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sharpnova

I have done everything I can think of to fix this problem but I'm starting to think that this feature was stealth removed from the latest version. Please let me know how to do this if I am wrong.

I simply have no System Tray Icon. The software works fine. But there's no icon in the system tray which is extremely annoying when I need to unmount.

I've loaded the program from the start menu and I see a few options like how many drives etc. But nothing about a system tray icon.

Why would you remove the option to have this in the system tray? That strikes me as absurd.

You never said what version windows you using! Anyway go to Start-All Programs- Elaborate Bytes- VirtualCloneDrive. Then click Virtual CloneDrive and you will see the option to choose to show Tray Icon and other stuff

As I said, I've done this and that option is not there.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Here are the options when I load the program:

Number of Drives: [1]
[] Virtual Sheep
[] Keep History of recently mounted images
[] Automount last Image
[] Buffered I/O

This is in the "Settings" Tab.

The other two tabs are Language and Info.

Language just has a list of languages and Info is just basic text-only info.

As I said, I've done this and that option is not there.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Here are the options when I load the program:

Number of Drives: [1]
[] Virtual Sheep
[] Keep History of recently mounted images
[] Automount last Image
[] Buffered I/O

This is in the "Settings" Tab.

The other two tabs are Language and Info.

Language just has a list of languages and Info is just basic text-only info.
Please use the latest beta.

May I ask why? Are you saying that the version I'm using (5.4.2.5) has a bug which causes both the absence of the program in the system tray and the absence of the option to enable it?

I'm not a fan of using betas as they are generally unstable.

Not to mention there is no "beta" version on your website. Only 5.4.6.0. It does not disclose that it is a beta version, if it is. Nor do the change log notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one thread above yours here in the Virtual CloneDrive sub-forum.

Do you also miss other tray icons.
If so, it's more of a Windows issue.

Does it help if you log off & log on ?

No need to try the beta. 5.4.6.0 has the option so my issue is resolved.

I never would have thought the feature would have been removed then put back in so I didn't think to update my version since I had installed this one so recently. (few months ago)

Since my issue is resolved, I will move on now. Thank you for assistance.

Lock this thread immediately and do not reply again.

I said to lock this thread and I believe.. no... I *know* that I was very clear.

As a user of the product (a customer) I rank higher than a silly moderator. So when I give a command....

well..

YOU **** DO IT.

May I ask why? Are you saying that the version I'm using (5.4.2.5) has a bug which causes both the absence of the program in the system tray and the absence of the option to enable it?

No, i believe 5.4.2.5 doesn't have a tray icon.

I said to lock this thread and I believe.. no... I *know* that I was very clear.

As a user of the product (a customer) I rank higher than a silly moderator. So when I give a command....

well..

YOU **** DO IT.
You are out of line.
I will ban you.
Have a nice day.

Mr. Customer did give me a laugh though.... considering we're talking about a freeware product here.
There are people out there.... makes you wonder...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back