• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved No Subtitles on The Pope's Exorcist

RickKeifer

I am trying to get the subtitles (italian/latin to english) which are peppered throughout the film. I have turned on English Forced Naritive, then tried English, Then tried english CC then tried combinations then nothing. Nothing works cant get the subtitles to come through? Help!!!

I am trying to get the subtitles (italian/latin to english) which are peppered throughout the film. I have turned on English Forced Naritive, then tried English, Then tried english CC then tried combinations then nothing. Nothing works cant get the subtitles to come through? Help!!!
I would need you to make a logfile and upload it to your post. I have no idea what provider you are using.

I would think if it's part of the film it may be burned in. ;)

First log AnyStream_1.5.5.5.0 is the one generated when generated it from file, create log file.
The second log prime-The Pope's Exorcist ..... is the one that is in the same directory as the movie file after it is finished ripping.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    5.7 MB · Views: 2
  • prime-The Pope's Exorcist.astlog
    5.7 MB · Views: 5
I see all the subtitles are there. You added them all. What is the issue here? Rick, just watch the movie, that's what you downloaded, it was made like that AnyStream does a lot of things but it can't remove burned-in subtitles from a movie that was made like that.

In all seriousness, I downloaded this as well from Amazon Prime back when it was released and did get forced subtitles with it. I simply set the forced flag for the subtitle track in my resulting MKV to make the magic happen.

I have checked the box next to forced subititles. Also when the movie is done and i watch it. if i go to CC options and pick subtitltes it asks me what file i want to use? Does that help.?
Balthazar2K4 what options exactly did you pick to make it work?

I have checked the box next to forced subititles. Also when the movie is done and i watch it. if i go to CC options and pick subtitltes it asks me what file i want to use? Does that help.?
What kind of subtitles do you have in the settings? Are you using .srt or embedded, or TTML?

I have Anystream extract the subs as separate SRT files. I then dump the MP4 and SRTs into MKVToolnix and select the forced subtitle option for any forced tracks I downloaded. As long as you have a compliant player the file should play back with the forced subs visible.

Last edited:
I have Anystream extract the subs as separate SRT files. I then dump the MP4 and SRTs into MKVToolnix and select the forced subtitle option for any forced tracks I downloaded. As long as you have a compliant player the file should play back with the force subs visible.
I have it set the same way. But I just save them to a folder with the movie and the name of the folder. This way when I watch the movie I can just add the .srt file.

wow,ok that would be a great feature update for Redfox to do that for us in the app?

Oh, only now I understand the question lol. You sad no subs. So I assume the TV or player can't see them or doesn't show subs by default.
I see you set them to embedded, then open the players subtitle menu and select a track.

Correct DeepSpace. That is just it when i open the players CC menu it tries to find a file but has no idea where to get it.

when i open the players
What player?

but has no idea where to get it
Redownload the movie and set AS to save subs as .srt. Or you can use MKVToolNix, as mentioned by Balthazar and extract them. Just make sure that it saves the files as .srt, not .mks or something like that. Change it if it shows .mkv or .mks at the bottom.

wow,ok that would be a great feature update for Redfox to do that for us in the app?
I dont think that will happen, AS is just a downloader. It's up to the user to learn how to add the sub titles. Or we can help you learn. But its not a feature.

Back