• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Sounds in Vista

Fascinating. I think I have to agree that this is probably a driver issue of some kind.

First of all, my apoligies to anyone who initially suggested a driver issue. I didn't (and still don't) understand how it could be a driver issue if sound was working in every other program except CloneDVD. When the Quicken issue appeared I began to expand my search for problems and reluctantly (cuz I didn't think it would matter) I switched to the generic built-in MS driver provided with Vista. That did not fix the problem, proving my point (so I thought) and I switched back to the manufacturer driver. Somewhere in the transition, my sounds are now working. I rebooted a few times to insure they would remain operational, and so far, all is good. I don't know how or why, but they are working and I am not going to experiment to find out why. Many thanks to those who contributed.

Welcome to the world of Vista. :) I can partially explain it for you. In my research I found that many mfg drivers have problems fully installing when UAC is on. So, the first time the driver was installed, UAC probably screwed it up. Turning UAC off didn't fix it because the install was hosed. Reinstalling the driver with UAC off is what most likely did the trick. Now you understand my dislike for UAC and why I think MS has serious problems on their hands with trying to fix it. Glad you got it sorted out.

No sounds

I have Windows 7 64 bit. Any DVD and CloneDVD2 work perfectly, but I get no success sounds like I did with XP. And yes, I have them selected in Preferrences. When I click in the arrow beside the sound there is nothing. I can do without this but I miss the sounds.

I've never had issues with the sounds under Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64. I don't believe it's an OS or CloneDVD issue. I'd look more closely at the the audio config on the system as well as the soundcard drivers/software which has already been mentioned.

Last edited:
No sounds

Well, I turned UAC off then uninstalled CloneDVD2. I restarted then reinstalled Clone DVD2. Still no sounds, in fact, when I click on the green arrow to test the sound the whole thing freezes. I have to go into Task Manager to End Task. I don't think UAC is causing the problem.

Back