• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Sound

It took a while but I think I found the issue. At first I thought maybe it was my burners acting up so I deleted them (unplugged at the board) and then reinstalled and made sure all firmware was up to date. I then tried burning again.....NO SOUND. So I figured it was time to go ahead and pull up one of my backups from a month ago to see if that worked and everything worked perfect. Sound-Picture-Menu the works. Then Windows wanted to perform its "NEW" update that was missing due to the backup. Once it finished I decided to try to burn Blade Runner 2049. Well it happened again. NO SOUND. I ended up contacting Microsoft and we had to reload windows (fresh) and perform a backdoor update. At the same time I ended up reloading CloneDVD and AnyDVD. It seems the newest update from Windows doesn't like CloneDVD or AnyDVD for that fact. Regardless I ended up having to go to Microsoft for a fix. If anyone else experiences this issue it will require a fresh install of Windows and CloneDVD to solve your problem.

What is this "newest update of Windows" that you speak of. I mean the actual KB number of the update that horked you?
I'm on windows 10 Pro. None of my PC's have experienced any issues. But then again, I favor DVDShrink over CloneDVD more than not.
When you said: "It seems the newest update from Windows doesn't like CloneDVD or AnyDVD for that fact." I'm wondering how it impacts AnyDVD (if at all) and when I'm likely to see it.
Windows 10 pro users have an option to delay updates (and upgrades) to let the "Home" users beta test everything for us. Heh.
So please elaborate a bit.
-W

it's probably the meltdown patch and AnyDVD and CloneDVD work just fine here

I use the latest AnyDVD but do not use CloneDVD. I have copied/backed up my West World DVD's to my hard drive. When I play some of the VOB files using MPC Video Player the sound is missing for portions of the VOB. The sound comes and goes depending on the section within the VOB, for example the intro may have sound then the actual episode does not. I also have problems with the copied VOBs for West World and other movies trying to move forward or backward while playing the VOB. It will always jump back to a starting point. I'm guessing this is a file marker problem and MPC player is having problems moving up and down the VOB video file because if I process it with DVD Rebuilder the problem goes away. But the missing sound on sections of West World is a new one for me.

I use the latest AnyDVD but do not use CloneDVD. I have copied/backed up my West World DVD's to my hard drive. When I play some of the VOB files using MPC Video Player the sound is missing for portions of the VOB. The sound comes and goes depending on the section within the VOB, for example the intro may have sound then the actual episode does not. I also have problems with the copied VOBs for West World and other movies trying to move forward or backward while playing the VOB. It will always jump back to a starting point. I'm guessing this is a file marker problem and MPC player is having problems moving up and down the VOB video file because if I process it with DVD Rebuilder the problem goes away. But the missing sound on sections of West World is a new one for me.
1) AnyDVD does nothing to the audio, so the problem is the player or there was no sound.
2) Why are you playing individual vob files? That is not the proper way. You should play the VIDEO_TS.ifo file in the VIDEO_TS folder, or at least a Title if there are multiple episodes/movies on the disc.

Last edited:
Back