• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No sound with AnyDVD 6.1.3.6

randomletters

When I use AnyDVD, I don't get sound in movies. This is the same for all the DVD movies I've tried. I remember trying, specifically: Unbreakable NTSC (other attributes unknown), The One NTSC (other attributes unknown), XMen 3 "Full Screen" NTSC/USA released 2006 (specific region code unknown).​
I have AnyDVD 6.1.3.6 and am using Windows 2000 with SP4. I've tried using Real Alternative 1.48 and PowerDVD 5.something. When I turn off AnyDVD and use a player that can deal with CSS, the movie has sound. If I have AnyDVD on and rip the DVD instead of watching it (I've tried #1 DVD Ripper ver unknown and CloneDVD 2.0.5.3), the resulting avi (#1 DVD Ripper) or burned disk (CloneDVD) has no sound either.​

Last edited:
I will try that. Hopefully this issue has been fixed. I've had it when trying 6.0.8.0 and 6.1.3.3 as well.

or burned disk (CloneDVD) has no sound either.

Try the disc in a standalone dvd player. Do you hear anything?

When I turn off AnyDVD and use a player that can deal with CSS, the movie has sound.

I don't have/use Windows 2000, but I certainly can't reproduce your issue on XP. Anydvd shouldn't be affecting sound during playback (I don't understand how it possibly could).

Very odd . . . in fact, you're the first person , I believe, to write about this issue in these forums.

Last edited:
I certainly can't reproduce your issue on XP.
I'd try it on XP, but the computer I have with XP doesn't have a DVD drive.

Try the disc in a standalone dvd player. Do you hear anything?
Interestingly enough, I do.

I burned an ISO of Elephants Dream PAL (http://orange.blender.org/download) and burnt it to DVD. There is no copy protection on it. It did not have sound whether AnyDVD was running or not... From the last sentance, I've figured something out: I am an idiot. The sound is off, and I only tried the "CSS-enabled" movie player once (on Windows). I use Linux for everything so I didn't notice that I had the sound muted in Windows.
Very odd . . . in fact, you're the first person , I believe, to write about this issue in these forums.
Which is quite unsurprising, really, under the circumstances.

I'm really sorry to have bothered you.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to have bothered you.

Feel free to bother me anytime. :)

I am quite fond of people who can resolve their own problems (saves me from trying to figure out what's wrong). :D

Plus, if anything, solving your own problem shows you're not "an idiot".

Oh, I forgot to say "Welcome to the forums!"

Back