• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no sound over HDMI on ATI HD4350

sanderh

I ve just bought the ATI HD4350 from Asus. This card should have audio support over HDMI. The card has 3 connectors, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI and 1x regular monitor out. I ve connected my projector to the HDMI output and my samsung pc monitor to the monitor output of the 4350.

Installed the lastest ATI driver. When I look into my hardware I can see that something IS installed on my pc. But when I go into sounds I cannot select any audio device. I ve tried everything but cannot get any sound to my receiver.

Is it generally even possible to get stereo sound (play mp3s etc) out of this card or only DD/DTS?

I think I really need some explanation here :confused:

Running XP SP3 btw.

I ve just bought the ATI HD4350 from Asus. This card should have audio support over HDMI. The card has 3 connectors, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI and 1x regular monitor out. I ve connected my projector to the HDMI output and my samsung pc monitor to the monitor output of the 4350.

Installed the lastest ATI driver. When I look into my hardware I can see that something IS installed on my pc. But when I go into sounds I cannot select any audio device. I ve tried everything but cannot get any sound to my receiver.

Is it generally even possible to get stereo sound (play mp3s etc) out of this card or only DD/DTS?

I think I really need some explanation here :confused:

Running XP SP3 btw.
Did you install the ATI audio driver?

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/hdmiaudio-xp

nop, because didn t see this on the ATI site. thxz, I ll try it tonight.

James, is it possible to get stereo sound out of the card for playing mp3 etc or is it only for ac3 sound?

edit: Just checked some things and I already DID install it because it was included in the ATI hotfix 8.10 full installation

Last edited:
the driver is on the CD that came with the GFX card (directrory is called HD Audio Driver).

if there is no directory, the chances are your card does not support it. I've handled 2 x HD3850 and 2 x HD3650s in the past weeks and one of the HD3850s (from sapphire) didn't support audio over HDMI (it didn't have the drivers on the CD). Installing the driver didn't help, as the hardware was 'missing'.

additionally audio over HDMI is not as straight forward as it should be. I tried 2 different DVI->HDMI cables that didn't work. I had to use the ASUS dongle and HDMI cable to get the audio to work. Then I tried a 17" monitor with DVI and HDTV with HDMI as 'theatre display' audio worked fine. I've changed the 17" monitor to a 10" with VGA (and DVI->VGA adaptor) and no sound again. I gave up in the end and used a 3.5mm jack from the sound card to the HDTV pc-audio in.

Last edited:
First of all excuseme about my english, maybe it isn't good enought.

I have the same problem. No sound throught the HDMI connection. Help please, I dont know what to do.

I've conected my PC to my Philips TV via HDMI using the graphic card ASUS HD4350.

THANKS!

Back