• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No sound after tsMuxer

pseudo555

Moderator (fr)
Hi everyone,

A french user got a problem after ripping a BD with tsMuxer : he got no sound when he plays the m2ts files.

This problem occurs with :
- OSS117, le caire nid d'espion (don't know/find the english title)
- Con air ( les ailes de l'enfer in french)

You can find a log of anydvd here :
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=31683

Anyone got an idea ?

Well it sounds like the audio stream is HD (DTS-HD or TrueHD). If you play the m2ts directly you generally do not get any sounds because ost players will not decode the HD streams. Not that it can't be done but generally speaking. Example, PDVD will not play HD audio directly from the m2ts but will from a disk.

They need to make a BD ISO and mount it so that PDVD etc play it as a disk.

Just a guess at the issue anyway.

Hello,

I'm the french user Pseud0555 introduced.
The message you sent is clear and the issue as well. I understand that Power DVD is able to read the BD disk with DTS-HD tracks, but cannot read the m2TS resulting of the AnyDVD rip.

Unfortunately the suggested solution does not fit because I used to use a multimedia set, connected directly to my home cinema.

Thanks for your help. My only solution is to check if the M2TS file can be read directly without any test via Power DVD, unless you get a good idea.
(ie having another Power DVD release, or getting the DTS HD codec...?)

I"ll keep you informed with my tries.

Yet I still have some concern.

Afer ripping the BD file, how do you explain that TSMUxer detects an error on the M2TS file...? suppose ANydvd has badly encoder it. It could be the right reason why PDVD cannot read.

Your opinion please

If it has HD audio then PDVD can not play back the audio except as a full Blu-ray disc structure it's that simple. You either have to make it in to a Blu-ray ISO and mount it and play as a disc or convert the audio to AC3.
I've yet to come across a stream that AnyDVD HD has corrupted when ripping to the harddrive so I doubt it's that

OK thanks. But why TsMuxR find an error when I try to remux the M2TS file?

No, I see that error sometimes as well and honestly do not know what the issue actually is. Tsmuxer is having an issue with something in the BD but I am not sure what. I just ignore it and have never had an issue. It used to happen much more often than it does with the latest version.

Back