No Offence Series 1 Issues

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Captain Nemo, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

Hello,

I am trying to rip the three disc set of No Offence, which apparently are an MOD type release which I didn't realize until after purchasing, to no avail. They play in a traditional player but will not play in my PC using any programs nor will they rip either the traditional "to harddisk" way or backing up as image. Here are logs from the first two discs where I see there are errors but don't know what they mean, hope someone can explain them. TIA!

Edit: To clarify, by will not play in PC I mean they will enter the piracy warning screen, followed by the ads stream, but will then black screen when I assume trying to get to the menu. On standalone players it works as expected.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Your log is showing errors.

48.31s: Adding error 96 length 160
    48.31s: Adding error 288 length 672
    48.31s: Adding error 992 length 192
    48.31s: Adding error 3680 length 128
    48.31s: Adding error 3872 length 30688
    48.31s: Adding error 133376 length 10383168
    48.31s: Adding error 10516576 length 672
    48.31s: Adding error 10517280 length 192
    48.31s: Adding error 10519936 length 32

Try cleaning the disc/s with a microfiber cloth and try again. Also does it play without AnyDVD in a player like PowerDVD or no?

3. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

Thanks, I will try cleaning but yes, it has issues playing straight from the disc(s) with VLC, Leawo, where it black screens after going through the Acorn adverts. The issue is not present on a standalone BD player, and also I do not have any issues with other discs on this drive on my pc.

4. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Playing on a stand alone player doesn't really mean much. PC drives are far more picky. But it's definitely having issues reading that disc.

5. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

Here is the D3 log for completion but yeah, still nothing, and what's really strange and should've mentioned in advance is that when I open up the folder contents of the discs, it's as if the .m2ts files for the episodes aren't present because only a couple hundred MB of files are there when the disc shows 20GB. I tried to make an iso as well as just copy the folders but still nothing, when i rip it the actual episode files are completely absent from the rip, as they are when shown from the folders when looking at the disc itself pre-rip.

Attached Files:

6. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

and by the files missing I mean of course in the BDMV/Stream folder.

7. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Hmmmm. Try cleaning the disc. In the meantime..... @James you might want to look at this just to rule out the possibility that it's similar to that issue we saw yesterday with the german blade 2 disc. It kind of....feels similar so I want to rule it out.

8. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

Ok, have now cleaned and retried with the same problem. I reran the log as well and it shows these exact same errors, I assume as @SamuriHL stated this means it's having problems reading from the disc? I saw on another thread where it was recommended even to try CloneBD and then retroactively have AnyDVD decrypt, but when I tried to do this, CloneBD also said there was only 200MB on the disc...

9. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

It's having issues reading the disc, yes. I'm not entirely sure why. Could be a bad disc (happens WAY too often) or could be something else. That's why I was hoping @James might have a comment.

10. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

No, those errors are not read errors, they are what AnyDVD is supposed to do - the areas with potential deliberate read errors are removed.
    It just seems, that the one entry with the largest length shows AnyDVD being a bit overzealous, as it appears to be removing the bigger part of the disc.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  11. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Was AnyDVD running at the time or not?
    Because it AnyDVD is on - every program sees the disc with AnyDVD's modifications applied.

12. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

That's interesting. I learn something new every day. However, that does seem bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk