• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no .mdf/.mds support, but they work

But if VSO or Alcohol Soft is not charging Slysoft/Elby, then why not impliment the support for these files?

What would be the benefit for Elaborate Bytes or SlySoft? Would VSO or Alcohol Soft pay for the implementation of these formats? Probably not.

Okay, allright.

but I always see VCD as part of the Slysoft suite and therefore as an irreplaceable tool for AnyDVD HD and all of your others products.

So, having paid for AnyDVD HD or any other product, in that way I also pay indirect for the development of VCD, as I need it to mount my AnyDVD ripped images.

Well, I don't know if Alcohol Soft paid for implementation of Elby and VSO formats, but Daemon Tools supports them all, free of charge, so I really don't think that VSO and Alcohol is charging Slysoft when they want to implement their formats.
=> They would be dumb if they would charge you. You see the connection, why they shouldn't?

What would be the benefit for Slysoft/elby?
Well, I can't tell you excactly, but then I would get rid of my Daemon Tools installation if VCD supports mds/mdf. Promised.

Well, with supporting more formats in VCD you will make your customers more happy.
James, you remember how overjoyed the people were, when you announced that ReClock is going to be free of charge in the future.

So how many people, will thank you a lot when VCD supports more file formats? (I've read the other discussions, so there's a huge demand.)

Isn't Slysoft a company, wanting to achieve a good reputation and good customer relations?

Just a rhetorical question...
BurnerHEAD

I don't think you would get data for implemenation for MDS V2. Also MDS format is not invented by Alcohol, DAEMON Tools' format. CloneDrive mounts MDS V1 according to this thread.

I don't think you would get data for implemenation for MDS V2. Also MDS format is not invented by Alcohol, DAEMON Tools' format. CloneDrive mounts MDS V1 according to this thread.
I don't believe it does. It might have worked by "accident" (mounting the isoish file), but VCD certainly doesn't read the descriptor file. Can't remember which is which.

More formats supported -> more work (development costing money) -> not earning any money (VCD is free) -> money lost. Nah, bad concept. ;)

And we're back to the point that a small group of us have been clamouring for:
VCDFree
OR
VCDPro ->more formats -> AND NRG -> more development -> VDrive IDE/ATA/SATA ghosting -> ->€39 -> good price -> lots of buys -> more money for sly -> happy employees -> more development -> ....!

Eh?

And we're back to the point that a small group of us have been clamouring for:
VCDFree
OR
VCDPro ->more formats -> AND NRG -> more development -> VDrive IDE/ATA/SATA ghosting -> ->€39 -> good price -> lots of buys -> more money for sly -> happy employees -> more development -> ....!

Eh?
How many people do you think would buy this with Daemon tools around for free?

If you make a good price, and provide great new features, it's definitely an option instead of Daemon Tools.

James, did you read my post above and understand what I mean?

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Alcohol 52 is free as well. And yet we're still asking for one from Sly. I think you underestimate the loyality of your users. Deamon causes instability do to the faulty coding on AMDx64 systems whith some other programs (Comodo software, AOne programs, Nero) and doesn't support IDE. The paid version has some limited ATA/Sata ghosting but even that doesn't work right. With all due respect to the fans of the program; DT=crap. CNet and TechNet are full of threads and comment stubs about DT's failures.
Alcohol was my previous choice. But ... It doesn't like x64 and doesn't ghost IDE.
I don't know, I'll post this in it's own thread with specifics from various previous threads of what has actually been skied for. Like BH says, right price, right features, loyality wins out. Give me a few hours to put together another thread and lets see what others think.

Deamon causes instability do to the faulty coding on AMDx64 systems whith some other programs (Comodo software, AOne programs, Nero) and doesn't support IDE. The paid version has some limited ATA/Sata ghosting but even that doesn't work right.

It does work as it should and those users should just report bugs directly to authors and not just in another forum. I'm running myself latest Version and have no problem (i have an AMD x2 and also Nero and not a single problem). Also it is called Daemon and not Deamon.

Back