• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no .mdf/.mds support, but they work

ThisIsMyAlias

So virtual clone drive doesn't support proprietary format, but if I double click an mdf file and select virtual clone drive to open with, it mounts. And the image autoruns. So I'm confused.

So virtual clone drive doesn't support proprietary format, but if I double click an mdf file and select virtual clone drive to open with, it mounts. And the image autoruns. So I'm confused.

I am confused, too.

@ThisIsMyAlias
Try to mount a compressed mds image ;)
Normally it wouldn't work :D

I don't actually know what a compressed mdf file is...aren't all images (iso, mdf, bin, etc) a wrapper (so to speak). I didn't know any of them also did compression.

I don't actually know what a compressed mdf file is...aren't all images (iso, mdf, bin, etc) a wrapper (so to speak). I didn't know any of them also did compression.

Unless the swissboys did it secretly, VCD doesn't support .mdf files.

Why should say make money by doing this?
I don't get it.

Alcohol 120% is not freeware. They charge money. They can add formats if they wish and if they need to pay a licensing fee to support a format their registration fees can help cover the cost.

Virtual CloneDrive is a free product and supports the de facto standard formats. Personally, I see no need to include the lesser used proprietary formats but the final decision is Elaborate Bytes.

Last edited:
Ah, so is Alcohol Soft giving money for .ccd support to Elby?

So, would elby/slysoft have to pay money when they want to support .mds/.mdf files or VSO BlindWrite files?

I mean with Daemon Tools I can mount mds/mdf files and most suprisingly(as you said) it can mount .ccd files, but it's freeware.

Condused,
BurnerHEAD

Ah, so is Alcohol Soft giving money for .ccd support to Elby?

So, would elby/slysoft have to pay money when they want to support .mds/.mdf files or VSO BlindWrite files?

I mean with Daemon Tools I can mount mds/mdf files and most suprisingly(as you said) it can mount .ccd files, but it's freeware.

Condused,
BurnerHEAD

I'm not saying Elaborate Bytes charges other companies for reading/supporting their proprietary format. I really don't know. The same goes for the other companies with proprietary formats. I'm sure some of them charge other software companies for the ability to handle their proprietary formats. It makes business sense, IMHO.

But if VSO or Alcohol Soft is not charging Slysoft/Elby, then why not impliment the support for these files?

I don't know if they do, but you can just ask them.

But if VSO or Alcohol Soft is not charging Slysoft/Elby, then why not impliment the support for these files?

I don't know if they do, but you can just ask them.

I'm merely a Moderator. I have no direct contact with Elaborate Bytes, VSO, or Alcohol Soft.

At the end of the day it comes down to Elaborate Bytes deciding on which formats to support. At present I believe they support 8 formats and the software works wonderfully.

I suggest that you try contacting Elaborate Bytes directly via their website with your wish/suggestion/questions: http://www.elby.ch.

They don't reply.

I sent 5 mails to them some months ago.

The question is, if James already talked to VSO or Alcohol?

The VSO CEO has a secret ICQ number. Interested?

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

They don't reply.

I sent 5 mails to them some months ago.

That's unfortunate. I don't know how to reply to that.

The question is, if James already talked to VSO or Alcohol?

Only James can reply to that one.

The VSO CEO has a secret ICQ number. Interested?

I'm not, no. I suspect the CEO would not like the ICQ UIN being handed out to people especially if it is secret.

I've offered as much advice/information as I am able in this thread. I can't speak to that which I have no knowledge of and as such there is really nothing else I can say here.

More formats supported -> more work (development costing money) -> not earning any money (VCD is free) -> money lost. Nah, bad concept. ;)

Back