• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Matched Drive Detected!

just curious

I just bought a new Memorex 530L v1 QM62 ( USB ) 20x DVD±RW DL external dvd burner. I did not know it was a several year old discontinued model.

Burner works fine with all my blank dvd-r media except for one brand which it does not even see when inserted.

Firmware version is QM62

After a lengthy google search I found and downloaded Firmware version 5M64 which appears to be the only available update.

Problem is when I run the update I get the error message "No Matched Drive Detected! ( See attachment! )

Any suggestions on how to update firmware for this drive?

Attachments

• No Matched Drive Detected!.jpg
    No Matched Drive Detected!.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 7
Old story with them

This error is well-known for Memorex products and updating.
Considering the headaches their blanks cause this is not surprising.

You may want to try making sure User Account Control is off or be sure you "run as administrator" for that update.

But: to be honest I don't think this will improve anything, really. I suspect if you went to Device Manager and right clicked that drive you'd see that Windows is likely using a generic driver for it.

And if you are not having problems I'd be wary about updating. It is quite possible those blanks are simply too reflective and this is disabling the laser.

Last edited:
"You may want to try making sure User Account Control is off or be sure you "run as administrator" for that update"

Neither of above suggestions worked!

"But: to be honest I don't think this will improve anything, really. I suspect if you went to Device Manager and right clicked that drive you'd see that Windows is likely using a generic driver for it"

Windows is using a generic driver!

"And if you are not having problems I'd be wary about updating"

Only problem thus far is it does not "see" TDK 16x dvd-r blank media BUT it does see the media if I burn to it on my LG burner!

"It is quite possible those blanks are simply too reflective and this is disabling the laser"

That could be it. Thus far the memorex "sees" Kodak/Taiyo Yuden/Verbatim 16x dvd-r blank media.

I have a hunch that the only way I can update the burner firmware would be to remove the burner from the enclosure and temporairly install it in my desktop for the update then put the drive back in it's enclosure.

I won't do that however because even if the firmware update is successful I still might not be able to burn to TDK media.

From now on I'll just skip buying TDK and just burn what I have on hand with my LG burner.

Fine

I do not think any update will resolve what is a problem in physics and that drive's laser properties.

I tend to agree!r

I'll just settle for using the external drive "as is"!

It was on sale for around $35 delivered and I bought it as a replacement for another Memorex internal burner I was using externally via a "usb 2.0 to sata bridge".

That Memorex had no issues with TDK dvd-r blank media. It was a far newer model than the external one I just bought.

I was a little careless and the burner stopped working when I dropped it!

Back