• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Hardware Acceleration

Arnold Murray

Updated to the 1.1.9.1b hoping it would correct the 'No Acceleration" bug with CloneBD but it did not. nVidia: 391.01 | GeForce GTX 570. It has to be a CloneBD issue as my other programs (Sony Vegas Pro and my TMPGEnc programs are using CUDA). The only explanation I can think of as to why CloneBD is not activating CUDA is I have 2 GeForce GTX 570 cards (not SLI), but I cannot see why that could cause an issue as all the other necessary drivers are up-to-date. Any thoughts from the forum would be most appreciated.
CloneBD - Video No Acceleration Options.jpg

Updated to the 1.1.9.1b hoping it would correct the 'No Acceleration" bug with CloneBD but it did not.
There's no "no acceleration" bug, that is by design.
Also, multiple cards are not a problem.
The GTX 570 has video decoding capabilities, but no built-in video encoder at all.
Unless you have a very old single-core CPU, using video decoding alone will not speed up transcoding much, in many cases even be slower (partly because video data needs to be transferred between CPU and GPU constantly).

CloneBD currently doesn't support nVidia cards below compute capability 3.0 for that reason (the GTX 570 has compute capability 2.0 - for reference: current nVidia cards are 6 or 7).
I can ask Reto whether they'd be willing to allow decoding-only cards, but I'm afraid they'd be opening a new can of worms with support for older adapters that bring no palpable benefit.

But if you can afford it: a GTX 1050 for roughly 100$ is nearly twice as fast, eats less than half the energy (that is compared to a single GTX 570!) and supports decoding and encoding for Ultra HD with AVC and HEVC 10 bit.
It will easily replace both your 570s at once (unless you have more than 2 monitors attached).

Thanks much for the feedback and especially the recommendation. I'll check it out.

Back