• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My views are exactly the same as Darthgup. You guys have totally got my support. Wishing you all the best and am looking forward to seeing what can be done.

I'd pay a fair price every two years for some kind of license. Lifetime isn't needed but is desirable of course.
The Fire TV 2 is amazing. Rip your discs. Clone the video. Kodi. Root it. Plug an NTFS external drive in. 100% beautiful.
The only thing better is that Kodi on the Raspberry Pi 2 supports 24hz video ;)

Another long time user that doesn't post much but does follow the forum on a regular basis. I too would be willing to support a comeback in what ever way works for the developers.

I would also like offer my support and wish best of luck.

Question: can you still make it so that PowerDVD and WinDVD will still ignore Cinavia with your 'Cinavia ignore' trick that you set up for AnyDVD??

And also keep old software such as PowerDVD 10 Ultra running smoothly, without the need for new AACS keys and the like??
Sure, why not?

That's a happy path though, right? Don't you need people to post logs for unknown stuff?
Yes, DVD structural protection and BD Java stuff isn't automatic.
/me hopes James has all the source and just needs a new place to put it
I certainly can't do this on my own. e.g., I can't maintain the server side, my skills are elsewhere.
The other guys (network gurus, other devs, support people, forum mods) need to agree.

Silent lifetime user, count me in for future support.

-pd

@James you know you can count on my for any type of technical and non-technical help (incl modding if need be ;))
Ok.

Ch3vr0n, I think that James and Company needs to come up with a list of what they need to do in order to succeed with the new Company, and how much it would cost to support and maintain it.

I'd say Go for it!!

Count me in as well. Unfortunately I cannot offer substantial financial support nor have I got any kind of IT skills I could contribute but of course I'd be among the first to buy a new license.

Count me in if it has an option to automatically sync with the online database and keep a local copy of everything, instead of pulling on-demand.
I don't like the idea of being unable to play my discs if a server disappears, as happened with AnyDVD.

But I am quite sure, there is no settlement with AACS. The situation would be completely different.
My guess was that there was, which was why it was so sudden. Imagine the offer: shut down and we'll call it a wash; otherwise we'll hound you into oblivion. Seems like that would be appealing. But you obviously know more about it than I do. Either way, it would only provide AACS-LA with one more claim against you, which practically speaking is just another drop in the bucket.

On the other hand, depending on your contract with the now-defunct company, you might have a reasonable claim to the assets if you're owed money.

As far as jurisdictions go, Brazil was an interesting suggestion given its view of backing up for personal use. I don't know how resistant it would be to pressure, though. Russia is strong on that point, but Russian politics aren't exactly straightforward. (See allofmp3.com for example.) Separately, I'd avoid any TPP signatory.

Personally I really like the idea of a Linux version, but that's just because my only instance of Windows exists for the sole purpose of running AnyDVD (and is in a VM on a Linux host). :)

Just realize that the studios are never going to rest so long as this tool exists.

Whatever you decide, you have my support.

If there's not a reliable way to back up, I won't be buying any more discs.

Big thanks to all of you for your support!

I have some homework to do now. I'm certain that most of the ex-slysoft people will agree to move forward. We'll dig into all the annoying details, there are some great ideas in this thread.

Thank you!!!!!

:) James

You have plenty of support, just take the time you need to get things in order without "starving" and we all look forward to whatever proposal you all come up with.

James:

Like most of you I've bought the same content from Hollywood on VHS, DVD, and BD. I didn't like it and thought they should give a trade in value for each quality upgrade but I did it because I like my entertainment at my time and without advertising. Now I've got 375 BD movies and had them in a Sony mega changer which died under warranty which they no longer have replacement parts.

I've been using AnyDVD to make watching BD TV series (15 of them) on a HTPC acceptable -- would never have purchased beyond first season of first series to play swap disc game. It reminded me of watching TV before remote control. Long winded way of saying I never would have purchased all this content (many times) if I could not organize and watch legally purchased content on my own terms.

I was excited to see release of new Dune Solo player and had plans for big NAS and couple months of putting movie content in same format. Again, so it's reasonable to select and watch in room I happen to be in on my own terms.

It sure is interesting that Kalidescape has made a deal with Hollywood to make this all possible. Problem is the systems are outrageously expensive and it appears one would be stuck buying and organizing same content again. I'm sure Kalidescape feels they have a economic luxury item so they set a premium price. However I'm also certain there is an expense being amortized on each unit sold to pay the Hollywood mob tax aka license fees.

If people like me and 99.9999& of users were the only ones using AnyDVD, Hollywood shouldn't take aim at you and should in fact be big fans because it means higher sales. Problem is content is pirated using the software on at least a local basis (talk to a counterfeit dealer on streets of any big US city) and by international organized sellers not capable of doing what you do. It's the same old guns don't kill people do conundrum. AnyDVD does not sell pirated movies criminals do.

To be clear, I think you should continue your efforts if you're willing/able to take personal risks. I'd pay as all others have described. Your skills and dedication to your user community are second to none.

Any optimization to make the software still applicable for the 99.999% of legit users but less than optimal for criminals would be worth considering. IMO You could feel even better about your excellent product and it might mitigate the size of the target on your backs from Hollywood and their overpaid and obviously ineffective copy protection creation firms.

Last edited:
When I bought my LTL exactly a year ago, I figured Lifetime would be 3-5 years before the long arm of the U.S. caught up with Slysoft, so I guess I was off by a few years.

Nevertheless, format shifting is a huge thing to my family, so I'd be willing to fork over more money to get this back up and running.

However, I'd like to see the next product be fully stand alone. No OPD. The licensing and all cracks need to be imbedded into the application in case this happens agains. Obviously there needs to be hooks to support new cracks between software updates, but the next release should obviously roll all that back into the install package.

Just how big is the OPD anyways?

I would like to thank the AnyDVD team for their hard work and, like previous posters, prefer they continue doing what they do best--crack encryption.

Random thoughts...
-Perhaps a monthly, quarterly or annual subscription instead of a lifetime license is a better option.
-Not sold on Bitcoin as payment option because there are too many variables to monitor.
-No desire to buy lifetime license from the blue monkey because IMO it's a poorly reversed engineered AnyDVD.

Keep us in the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back