No fox, no job, no future?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ivan, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff53404

Jeff53404 Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that there would also be a market for T-Shirts, coffee mugs and whatever else would show brand loyalty.

2. roadworker

roadworker Member

Registered today to show that your customers really want to have you back in business!!
    (proud registered AnyDvd customer since 2004 :D)

3. D300

D300 Well-Known Member

FOX Don't Give Up !!!!
    fox.jpg

4. BRCS

BRCS Well-Known Member

I think
    Oh yea wait until this news hits and you will see just how much support there is for continued development.

I don't want to use the blue monkey... first of all it doesn't work near as well as Anydvd second I would much rather support the people that have made Anydvd such a fantastic program.

5. CrescentMoon

CrescentMoon Member

No doubt it would be under a different brand though. SlyHard maybe? :)

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

@D300 i'll take your (currently) dead red fox and lets turn it into a bright and shining fierce phoenix

ZeOkqup.jpg

7. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

In the past I tried both, and found Blue to be, well, "cranky" and not user friendly.

Red was so "transparent" with "Insert DVD, wait for decrypt, and back up."

Given comments made by James in the past, especially a recent comment after the demise of Slysoft, Blue is only good at reverse engineering already created excellence. Wasn't really a surprise that Fentao announced "no AACS 2.0 decryption" as soon as AnyDVD development went on "hiatus."

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    BRCS and whatever_gong82 like this.
  8. thepro111

thepro111 Member

I am frankly amazed at how good the fox was(is?). keep it going. I'm sure the finances will not be a problem. Just keep a lookout for your six!!!! Both personally and company-wise!!!

9. jmone

jmone Well-Known Member

More useless armchair advice not to be relied on! but...

It's probably classed as Abandonware. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware and the laws for such depends on the jurisdiction. It appears in most jurisdictions copyright is not extinguished, just nobody with a legal right exists/cares to enforce it.

10. NOKNOT

NOKNOT Well-Known Member

I know alot of people might think I am negative person but Im not. I guess I have a bad habit of speaking my thoughts without thinking how they sound. I love this program and I would love to see it back up and running. I would be more than willing to contribute.

11. FurryGuy

@Ch3vr0n, that Phoenix would be a wonderful new product avatar for a resurrected AnyDVD.

Now we need a new name for the product.

@James, if you and the your fellow ex-employees do succeed in starting up a new venture would that include the other Slysoft products such as CloneDVDMobile, CloneCD and Game Jackal? I sure would be willing to hand over the contents of my wallet if they were to be kept going.

Fire Spitting Dragon likes this.
  12. GUNNER1

GUNNER1 Member

Was upset to see the Best software made forced to close. Bought my lifetime subscription of Anydvd and CloneDvd about a month after DvdXCopy was forced out of business. I would gladly buy it again if needed. I bought a lifetime sub of Passkey on fri. It does not work anywhere as good as AnyDvd

13. newton54

newton54 Active Member

Very rarely have posted, but have been here for a long time. You absolutely can count on me though to support you.

14. RedFear

RedFear New Member

Yep, exactly the same. Signed up today just to show my support

good luck guys

Oliver1970 likes this.
  15. Yordan5

Yordan5 Active Member

I too have a lifetime license but will gladly repurchase or pay annual subscription if the "Fox" got resurrected under whatever other name it may be.

Balthazar2k4 and Oliver1970 like this.
  16. Oliver1970

Oliver1970 Member

Yes !!!!

17. ZARTT

ZARTT Well-Known Member

ZARTT sez "me too" regarding license repurchase/donation to keep the love flowing

Oliver1970 likes this.
  18. FurryGuy

BTW, I thank VERY much the Red Fox Team for banging on the forum setup and getting it working the way it did before the company's closure. The past couple of days were a pain trying to navigate the fora trying find out what was going on and to show support.

An unpaid ex-employee(s) did the work and I am grateful. :)

19. motorin

motorin New Member

Thanks for the post Ivan and I hope all goes well for you and all the staff. It seems odd that the industry would pursue in such a manner as disks are probably on the way out in the not-to-distant future with online streaming so available (at least for many folks).

BTW, I'm not a new member by no means but it's been a long time since I've been on the forum and it wasn't accepting my long ago password.

20. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.